Throwback Thursday - SBT | Vital Football

Throwback Thursday - SBT

I love watching that 2nd goal of the hat-trick against Bristol City. 25 yards out, hardly any backlift at all, and places it absolutely perfectly into the top corner, they could've had 2 keepers in goal and they still wouldn't have kept it out.

I remember being right behind the free-kick that formed part of his hattrick and being very grateful it went in because had it gone a foot to the left I'd have been picking my teeth out of the match ball.

:17:

Surely Junga you must have been facing the free kick not behind it. I was in fact behind it the other end.

What a player! That goal against Fulham was in the last minute and the ground erupted; must've frightened a few in their beds in Gordon Road.

Absolutely brilliant, but what a squad, Hessenthaller, Smith, Hodge - you didn't have players then who were not able to put a cross over or, couldn't take a corner.

That season we went up he just couldn't stop scoring until eventually city pounced. Him and Asaba will probably be the most potent strike force I will ever see at the Gills.

Remember being mascot against Stoke, May 1998. We won 4-0. You picked a favourite player and in those days could warm up with the team meet and were fully involved. My memory is definitely hazy but Bob was a gent, much like all of the time and Tony Pulis. He scored a superb volley that day, took one touch to control it and then struck it sweetly into the far corner.

Probably my all-time Gills favourite, alongside Hess!