Three things we learned from the win at Palace | Vital Football

Three things we learned from the win at Palace

Skoorb

Alert Team
The Visible Man

It is an old adage but no less true for that but it is often said that the best match officials are at their best when you don't notice them. There was some bizarre officiating at Selhurst Park on Saturday with all three principal match officials getting in on the act. From the failure of the nearside assistant to see Puncheon's red card offence in tripping Zabaleta to the variable level of what designated a foul giving apparently far more leeway to Pardew's thugs than appeared to be granted to City - clear fouls on Aguero in the build up to City's first goal and on Nolito prior to Benteke's header (well saved by Bravo) were all ignored by Bobby Madley - whilst the far side assistant contrived to signal a foul committed by Aguero on the touchline as he was shielding the ball with his back to a Palace player. It certainly drew comment from Stuart Brennan during the game when he tweeted "Referee giving some bizarre decisions in Palace's favour. #MCFC 4:15 PM - 19 Nov 2016". The standard of officiating yesterday left something to be desired and Bobby Madley seemed to want to be invisible.

Is Vincent Kompany cursed?

Poor Vincent Kompany. Did he ignore the piece of heather he was offered one time by a travelling woman? Was he really bad in a former life? Has he broken a mirror at home perhaps? He would be justified in asking what he has done to deserve such ill luck after he found himself prostrate on the ground following a collision with Claudio Bravo and subsequently suffering what appeared to be problems with his vision forcing him to be replaced. A concussion was not what he deserved as he started his first game for ages after yet another lay off. Hopefully he will make a speedy recovery and suffer no ill effects.

Yaya Toure has still got it

Pep Guardiola pulled another unexpected rabbit out his Selection Sorting Hat against Palace when at 2pm City fans found themselves wondering if they were seeing things when they saw Yaya Toure's name on the team sheet. Good Lord. Following a script you would struggle to get accepted by any tv or film producer he went on to score two goals and secure all three points for his club. He has shown to everyone that he has still got it and was subject of praise from his manager after the game. Occasionally still prone to drifting into no-mans land in the middle of the park when the ball is played quickly around by the opposition he nevertheless delivered in the opposition 18 yard box - an area where Pep has repeatedly said that City need to be better. I do not think this will make him undroppable - we have moved beyond that now - but what an option to have available again. Just goes to show what can happen if you knuckle down and commit yourself to the cause and what a twat you have as an agent.

Perfect Skoorb, I have a feeling these type of articles will catch-on big style.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=574288

:091: :052:

I think Vinnie is cursed, he must not have know that he should not refuse to buy the lucky heather and Heather herself was disappointed.

Mr Madley, :044: :014: :013: :017: :059: :060:

Thought the ref made some 'unusual' decisions, but on another day, Fernandinho could easily have had two yellows. I'll be more interested to see if the FA take any action over the Zabba incident given that none of the officials saw it.

I suspect Vinnie may have been Glen Hoddle in a previous life.

Didn't think Yaya would play for us again, though glad we have him as an option, as he's definitely still got plenty to offer