Thoughts on our January Transfer Window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Thoughts on our January Transfer Window

Aside of Hutton we've brought in inexperienced players to replace experienced players.
Maybe Clemence was struggling to get his coaching methodology across?
I agree that we've added pace, not sure why people are waxing lyrically about Andrews, he's still young and untried.
I still think funds are a issue which is why we've gone to the path we have.
I hope this gamble pays off, not sure it will this season.

Maybe hallucinating,but mate told me Andrew’s not played for Accy since early December
That could be a concern but equally if we approached Birmingham a couple of months ago someone might have given him heads up a move was offered and Birmingham would be happy to let it happen.This could have resulted in him pulling out of any further games to prevent injuries.
This is part of the silly mess that this window brings.In some ways I would prefer if it was only the summer where fees could be paid but free agents could move anywhere anytime .IE if a player wants to move in March and all parties agree and it is a free agent deal why not?Squads have to be inflated because of the current rules on subs and signings in means a massive percentage of players never kick a ball in a competitive game.

Maybe hallucinating,but mate told me Andrew’s not played for Accy since early December
Believe he had a knock. But Accy fans were very happy with him.

Andrews has the potential to be our #1 forward.

Edited to add: he`s a lot more mobile, faster than Hawks - probably stronger too. If Hawks remains fit he`s a good stand-in at centre-back. With all the extra height and better delivery, we could end up being lethal at corners

True. Will be very interesting to see if he is in our squad on Saturday, and if not, how long it is before he’s up to speed.

Accy fans on various forums say he was supposed to be out (for them) for another month. Others said he was out for the season. Weird.

Maybe it was a furphy by him or Birmingham to make sure he was free to move. But then surely if we had enquiresd and agreed before the window as Chris suggested, then he’d have signed early in the window, not on deadline day.

One thing on the “what are our recruitment team doing?” comments about not signing a ‘marquee striker’ (*excuse me, I have a bit of sick in my mouth*)

Not sure it requires a dedicated team to Google ‘highest goalscorers’ and throw all our money at them?

Surely at our level the big value in having people focussing on recruitment is not in making the “wow” signings but making the lower cost “meh” signings - remember how massively excited the usual moaners were about signing Coleman & Ogie? Yeah, me neither.

That could be a concern but equally if we approached Birmingham a couple of months ago someone might have given him heads up a move was offered and Birmingham would be happy to let it happen.This could have resulted in him pulling out of any further games to prevent injuries.

I think it is highly unlikely that Birmingham have had him willingly pull out of games given he’s arrived a few hours before the window closed.

A possibility if he’d rocked up in the first week of the window opening but just doesn’t add up otherwise.

Maybe it was a furphy by him or Birmingham to make sure he was free to move. But then surely if we had enquiresd and agreed before the window as Chris suggested, then he’d have signed early in the window, not on deadline day.
Unless the initial injury was 100% genuine.Maybe he was only recently ready to pass the fitness test that we would need.

Aside of Hutton we've brought in inexperienced players to replace experienced players.
Maybe Clemence was struggling to get his coaching methodology across?

Maybe he wants younger quicker players in?

Maybe he’s seen our previous 4 strikers score 1,5,1 and 3 goals each so wanted someone, anyone, in that might provide more.

I also think in Josh Andrews, if he develops into a decent target man that also scores, he might become a very valuable asset. At 22yo he’s a good age to arrive here. And his 5 months at Accy seems to have gone very well in this same division.

Any more "churn" and I would have worried about team cohesion.

No idea about the new players, so cross fingers.

The forwards moved out had a raw deal.
Personally I think Harris' negative style did not help.
Too often each of them was left as a loan striker feeding off scraps.

Nichols was at his best with Hawkins. When Hawk was out - not much to show for his efforts.

Bonne had a slow start, but recently I believe he was getting near the right part of the box.
A partner to feed off might have helped give him more chances.

Unless the initial injury was 100% genuine.Maybe he was only recently ready to pass the fitness test that we would need.

I hope he has passed any fitness test. If he’s not able to play for 3 or 4 weeks then you have to question why he’s signed.

I think it is highly unlikely that Birmingham have had him willingly pull out of games given he’s arrived a few hours before the window closed.

A possibility if he’d rocked up in the first week of the window opening but just doesn’t add up otherwise.
Maybe we had to ship a couple out to make room for him and his wages and that's what took until yesterday. Admittedly I know nothing about how FFP works, so I could well be talking bollocks.