This time next week | Vital Football

This time next week

dinnoimp

Vital Newbie
Will we be thinking is that 2 0 win good enough or that our away form just could be good enough to reverse that 2 0. Loss?

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m a bag of nerves when I think about it. Hopefully MA and the players are a lot calmer than me.

I think if we can take a goal advantage to the SoL we’ll be in with a decent shout, pressure will be all on them, crowd may turn and we’ll nick one on the break 🤞

Personally, I'm quite sanguine at the moment. We need to be the best on the day 3 times in the next fortnight. We are capable of it, but haven't been head and shoulders above the other three over the course of the season, so it is very hard to call.

Let the players step over the line, try their best and show that they care, and I will be happy, wherever the cards fall.

This season has already been a success and exceeded all expectation. In professional football, everybody connected with the club will desperately want to get over the line; that is of course the nature of the beast.

Having worked so hard to get here against the odds, they will not want to miss out now. However that should not be seen as a burden, but rather a feature and a positive to drive the players and staff on.

If the players go out and put it all on the line there would be no shame in losing if the opposition are better on the day, or if for example the referee has a howler. The key is finding the way to not freezing and ensuring they give of their best in three potential cup finals. If the players can do that then they have succeeded completely, regardless of the outcome.

Whatever happens hereafter, Lincoln City have ALREADY succeeded. On the other hand starting with Sunderland, they have already failed. They have failed by being in League 1, they have failed by not achieving automatic promotion and they will add failure on failure if they don't win the play offs. No pressure then Mackems.

It's actually time for MA to release the hand brake from our players and encourage them to play with the freedom that he recognises on occasion in other sides. That's the mindset I'll be watching the game with - no regrets, no fear.

As I posted on another site, in response to Billy big bollocks Sunderland fans boasting about how they will smash us, 6 times English league champions versus a supposed pub team what could go wrong? Up the imps. All the pressure is on them.

Watching EFL on Quest the other night I almost feinted. Colin Murray actually backs Lincoln to be successful in the play offs and gain promotion. He also pointed out the amazing achievement's of this wonderful club over the last 5 years. I had always thought that Murray didn't like the IMPS and avoided mentioning us wherever possible.
Just wish BBC Look Hull and that t****r Levy would give us more air time.

Whatever result we take up to the SoL, and whatever the eventual outcome, to paraphrase others, if the players come off the pitch knowing they've given their all, played to the best of their ability and stamina, that's all we can ask.

If that happens, we're in with a chance as we have a squad as good as any in these play-offs.