This time, Jose has to have a big ban.. | Vital Football

This time, Jose has to have a big ban..

Spursex

Alert Team
(I know this shouldn't be in this forum, but I'll move it later, it's here as I think some 'debates' go beyond club discussions)...

This time Jose and his deflection and distraction tactics have gone too far; his team were a disgrace, all the dark arts and some yet to be discovered were on show in this game. His team were largely cheating thugs, orchestrated by one of the game's greatest, unsporting cheaters ever.

But this time, his shenanigans actually put a man and his family at risk.

There are no excuses, he knew exactly what he was doing. Uefa have to take the severest action and ban him from football for at least 6 months or more. Roma Ultra's are nutters and they'll do anything to prove they are and nearly did.

Get rid of this pox of a man from our sport before he drags it even further into his gutter.

Outburst was classic José Mourinho – it is time he was punished

The authorities have to sanction Roma manager if they are serious about protecting officials
Peter Walton
, former Premier League referee

Thursday June 01 2023, 6.45pm, The Times
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...mourinho-it-is-time-he-was-punished-sbf9f69tv
When I was a referee, managers would often come into my dressing room after a match to berate me, to use what you might call industrial language, or just to debate the game, one on one.

After José Mourinho’s Roma side lost the Europa League final to Sevilla on Wednesday night, he could have done exactly that, airing any complaints he had about Anthony Taylor and his officiating team in private.

Mourinho confronts referee after Europa League final loss

Instead, knowing there were plenty of cameras and media around, he chose to do it in the car park, shouting at Taylor and calling him a “f***ing disgrace”. He’s a very clever man and he knew it would be captured on film. Now, once again, we’re seeing newspaper headlines about Mourinho and the officials, rather than the fact that Roma lost the game. Taylor and his family were also confronted and attacked by enraged fans in Budapest airport, with one person launching a chair at the referee.

Mourinho is booked by Taylor but there was a case for saying the English referee should have sent the Roma manager to the stands
DAVID KLEIN/ALAMY
It’s classic Mourinho. He has been doing it since the day he said, “I’m the Special One” — deflecting any scrutiny on his team or his tactics. Every person is allowed a reaction or an emotional outburst, but this was choreographed.

Love him or hate him, he’s a character, and a character that the game needs or it would be bland, but he has tried to distract from his frustrations — not necessarily with the officials, but with his team and with the big decisions, which are part of the game — with an attack on the referee, which is out of order. Taylor also appeared to be met by angry Roma fans when he turned up at the airport with his family on Thursday. The PGMOL, the English game’s refereeing body, released a statement that said it “continues to provide full support to Anthony and his family”.

He sets a very poor example. Only this week the FA announced new measures, including point deductions, to combat bad behaviour and abuse in grassroots football, but Mourinho makes the job of a Sunday morning referee immensely difficult when, as a role model, he behaves like this.
I upset Mourinho once. I was a fourth official when Chelsea were playing Leicester City and there was a goal disallowed for offside. This was when iPads were allowed in the technical area and he brought the iPad over to me, shouting, “Look, look!” He was so upset that he threw it on the floor and it smashed to pieces. He was raging, but I just smiled at him — that was part of his make-up and the best thing to do was to let him know you weren’t rattled.

Overall, I think the English officiating crew did an exceptional job on Wednesday. The only issue I had was that they weren’t strong enough with the antics in the technical areas of both teams. We saw a gradual increase in poor behaviour from both sets of coaches, which at times spilt on to the field.

They’re sowing the seed for the next decision, trying to influence the next decision. I’m sure the officials would be aware of that and I would hope it wouldn’t make a difference at that level, but on a Sunday morning you see a similar thing and that referee is not going to be as experienced as Anthony Taylor, so that would influence them.
Never mind what happened in the car park afterwards, action needs to be taken during the game. Mourinho should have seen the last quarter of the match in row Z. That’s a greater punishment than missing out on the first two group games of next season’s campaign. Officials have the authority to send off badly-behaved coaches and they should be more comfortable removing the protagonist straight away.

There are two ways to support the officials in this situation. One is to make sure Taylor is out there refereeing in the first rounds of the competition next year to show their support — that responsibility falls to Roberto Rosetti, Uefa’s chief of referees, who was with him at the game on Wednesday. He probably wouldn’t take Roma in the first round, for obvious reasons, but there’s no need to protect him from them and if Roma have an issue with it, it’s their issue. The other thing is for the authorities to punish Mourinho.
We hear more about abuse of officials than we used to, partly because of recent issues with Jürgen Klopp and other high-profile managers, but I don’t think the instances of bad behaviour have increased — we are just more aware of it and dealing with it.

You could argue that people like me weren’t strong enough 10 to 15 years ago and now we are seeing the results, but the truth is that pressure grows on managers every season, the stakes grow every season, and we see that in the way they get sacked so frequently.
Either way, Wednesday night’s events may just inject a bit more urgency into the authorities to address it — let’s hope so.

I've always been a Taylor critic since his incompetency of not sending that Valencia off and costing us an FA Cup Final place. I've seen so many incidences since that at one point I made the statement that I could flip a coin to guess what decision he would give next.

That being said, there was one moment in the game where Taylor gave a penalty and went and checked the monitor. He overturned his own decision and the game continued. There was no 2 man around the ref rule in that incident. It was a disgrace and one tiny part of me felt sorry for the English ref.

I can only agree that it is down to UEFA now to come down strong on Jose. He is a toxic individual who needs to just disappear from view.

Do we need the goon in this industry any longer …

He is way past past his comfort zone . The Chavs got lucky with him and their owner , but he has started to struggle since, and sadly has had to come to the use of distraction
Following Trump doesn’t go down well .

He needs a strong reaction to this .

The question of how the supporters knew of Taylor’s travel plans needs to be addressed as well .
As much as I’m definitely not sending Anthony Taylor a Christmas card this year , this definitely does not have a place in sport.

And the blame definitely falls on Mourhino.

Mourinho = poisonous. He should suffer a very long ban as monetary or mini bans don’t seem to work.

In the Times this morning the journalist posed a thought for me when he questioned what would happen if referees went on strike. Now I know some on here think that with some referees that might be a blessing, but if they did go on strike there would be no football. No football would mean fuming owners (where have I heard that phrase before?), players having boredom issues through only training with no matches and a very disgruntled footballing public.

So if referees did go on strike this might, just might focus the minds of those that are involved in the game to take real action against the wretched Mourinhos of this world. I am sure that they would soon have to change their ways or be removed from the game altogether by employers.

What do you think?

Mourinho = poisonous. He should suffer a very long ban as monetary or mini bans don’t seem to work.

In the Times this morning the journalist posed a thought for me when he questioned what would happen if referees went on strike. Now I know some on here think that with some referees that might be a blessing, but if they did go on strike there would be no football. No football would mean fuming owners (where have I heard that phrase before?), players having boredom issues through only training with no matches and a very disgruntled footballing public.

So if referees did go on strike this might, just might focus the minds of those that are involved in the game to take real action against the wretched Mourinhos of this world. I am sure that they would soon have to change their ways or be removed from the game altogether by employers.

What do you think?

If we don't protect the ref's with every power that is at our disposal, and be seen to do it, the game is finished from grass roots upwards - players/coaches et all all mimic even unknowingly what these people who should know better do.

It won't happen of course, but what it might do is make elite refs think twice about progressing through the ranks knowing that at some point they're going to have to accept getting badly abused or worse.

Abuse or worse, I thought this sort of thing is classed as Bullying! if so why is the School Yard Bully allowed to go unpunished? It certainly wouldn't happen in my day! that is! School Yard Justice would prevail and come into being, sorry if I am from a different world.

School yard justice. = a smack in the teeth! What is the football punishment equivalent I wonder?

Well, their 'punishment' is a joke: ref's will privatley be livid at how pathetic this 'punishment ' is....

Jose Mourinho banned for four games by UEFA after abusing ref Anthony Taylor​

Jose Mourinho has been banned for four matches by UEFA after directing “abusive language” towards referee Anthony Taylor during the Europa League final.
The Roma manager took his frustration out on Premier League official Taylor during and after his side’s penalty shootout defeat by Sevilla in Budapest in May.

Mourinho accused Taylor of favouring Sevilla by suggesting he “seemed Spanish to me”.

The former Manchester United and Chelsea manager was also filmed confronting the referee in the stadium car park after his side were beaten. He was also seen shouting: “You were a f****** disgrace tonight. It is a disgrace.”
Taylor was later confronted by angry Roma supporters as he made his way through Budapest airport with his family on Thursday.

UEFA charged Mourinho with “insulting / abusive language against a match official” earlier this month and have now banned him for his next four UEFA club competition matches.

UEFA has also fined the Italian club €50,000 and banned them from selling tickets to away supporters for its next UEFA competition match, for “lighting of fireworks, throwing of objects, acts of damage and crowd disturbances.”
The governing body announced a further €5,000 for the “improper conduct of the team,” and further ordered the club to contact the Hungarian Football Federation for the “settlement of the damages caused by its supporters,” which it said constituted “broken bins, paper boxes, glasses, cable plugs and the two broken seats”.

Well, their 'punishment' is a joke: ref's will privatley be livid at how pathetic this 'punishment ' is....

Jose Mourinho banned for four games by UEFA after abusing ref Anthony Taylor​

Jose Mourinho has been banned for four matches by UEFA after directing “abusive language” towards referee Anthony Taylor during the Europa League final.
The Roma manager took his frustration out on Premier League official Taylor during and after his side’s penalty shootout defeat by Sevilla in Budapest in May.

Mourinho accused Taylor of favouring Sevilla by suggesting he “seemed Spanish to me”.

The former Manchester United and Chelsea manager was also filmed confronting the referee in the stadium car park after his side were beaten. He was also seen shouting: “You were a f****** disgrace tonight. It is a disgrace.”
Taylor was later confronted by angry Roma supporters as he made his way through Budapest airport with his family on Thursday.

UEFA charged Mourinho with “insulting / abusive language against a match official” earlier this month and have now banned him for his next four UEFA club competition matches.

UEFA has also fined the Italian club €50,000 and banned them from selling tickets to away supporters for its next UEFA competition match, for “lighting of fireworks, throwing of objects, acts of damage and crowd disturbances.”
The governing body announced a further €5,000 for the “improper conduct of the team,” and further ordered the club to contact the Hungarian Football Federation for the “settlement of the damages caused by its supporters,” which it said constituted “broken bins, paper boxes, glasses, cable plugs and the two broken seats”.

Both Mourinho and UEFA are quite frankly totally pathetic.

Both Mourinho and UEFA are quite frankly totally pathetic.
No change there then .

When I ran a lads league team , from under 11 to under 16 , the player was fined £10 for getting booked .
If it wasn’t paid , the player was banned until it was paid , then the club was fined , and if that wasn’t paid , the club was banned .

That was going back thirty years ago !

I have read that professional footballers do not get fined for being booked ,,

Maybe , every time a player gets booked or sent off , the manager picks up penalty points , and eventually gets a ban himself .

Money is not an issue to these special ones .

A twenty thousand pounds fine for for Mourhino is a bit different to a twenty thousand pound fine to an up and coming manager in the lower leagues .

It further supports my theory that UEFA (and other footballing bodies) almost encourage the drama because the soap opera sells. 24 hour sports news / press can make big bucks from the stories, which generates more interest around the world in the sport.

They don't care about football.
They don't care about the human aspects of the sport.
They don't care about stopping corruption.
They don't care about stopping racism, homophobia etc.

They only care about money.

I am a huge critic of the quality in refereeing, but this does go beyond football.

It further supports my theory that UEFA (and other footballing bodies) almost encourage the drama because the soap opera sells. 24 hour sports news / press can make big bucks from the stories, which generates more interest around the world in the sport.

They don't care about football.
They don't care about the human aspects of the sport.
They don't care about stopping corruption.
They don't care about stopping racism, homophobia etc.

They only care about money.

I am a huge critic of the quality in refereeing, but this does go beyond football.

José Mourinho quits Uefa board after ban for abusing Anthony Taylor​

Manager has been given a four-match stadium ban for the next four Uefa competition matches after his foul-mouthed rant after Roma’s defeat by Sevilla

Martyn Ziegler
, Chief Sports Reporter
Friday June 23 2023, 12.15pm, The Times

A source said that Mourinho ‘jumped before he was pushed’

José Mourinho has resigned from Uefa’s new football board after being hit with a lengthy ban for abusing the referee Anthony Taylor.

Uefa had been preparing to remove Mourinho, the Roma manager, from the board anyway after his failure to apologise for his behaviour towards Taylor after the Europa League final.

A source said that Mourinho “jumped before he was pushed”, adding: “We gave him time to apologise, he did not do so, so we could not have him on the board.”

Henry Winter: Mourinho’s petulance showed referees urgently need protection

The 60-year-old has been given a four-match stadium ban for the next four Uefa competition matches after his foul-mouthed rant towards Taylor in the stadium car park in Bucharest after Roma’s defeat by Sevilla.

There are concerns at Uefa that the widely shared footage of the incident contributed to Taylor and his family being harassed by Roma fans at Budapest airport the next day.
Mourinho has written to the board’s chairman, Uefa’s head of football, Zvonimir Boban, saying: “Dear Mr Boban, In thanking you for the invitation you have extended to me to join the Uefa football board, I regret to inform you that, with immediate effect, I will be renouncing my participation in this group.
“The conditions in which I believed so strongly when I entered are no longer there and I felt the obligation to make this decision. I kindly ask you to also communicate my decision to the [Uefa] president Mr Aleksander Ceferin. Best regards, José Mourinho.”

The board, which includes Gareth Southgate, Patrick Vieira, Rio Ferdinand, Carlo Ancelotti and Zinédine Zidane, plans to tackle the whole issue of abuse of referees, so Mourinho’s continued participation would have been problematic.