This Shouldn't Be | Vital Football

This Shouldn't Be

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Some Newcastle players are frightened of playing in front of their home fans - and have told their wives and families to keep away - due to the verbal abuse and booing.

No it shouldn't, the home games are where you should be getting a lift n all that..

Mike Ashley is getting what he deserves in my opinion for how he's been running the club.

Personally I think there going down.

If they put the effort in, then win or lose they wouldn't get abused to any degree.

I too think they will come down to join us - the players body language and effort during games is disgraceful.

Don't know that much about the Ashley situation , but their fans never seem to be happy/satisfied with anything or anyone.
Even in my childhood - Boro fans used to laugh at (and mock) the geordies with their "sack the board" chants.
In recent times they've moaned about (and driven out) Sam Allardyce , Denis Wise , Alan Pardew , Bobby Robson (not that they'd admit to that now) , Graeme Souness and now it appears to be John Carver's turn.
It's as if NO-ONE is good enough to manage the mighty Newcastle United - who haven't won a domestic trophy in half a century.

Yes you can Caz - to a point.
Most clubs will have had a manager (or two) that have made a pigs-ear of things , or got the club relegated etc.... but their fans just seem to have a "downer" on ANYONE who takes charge , and they know how to hold a grudge too.

Strange how a fair few of these "inferior/not good enough for Newcastle" mangers seem to move on and do quite well though.

Apparently John Carver doesn't agree with them anyway - he's said today that he's the best coach in the Premier league - even though he's only got nine points from forty-eight