This Is It | Vital Football

This Is It

Big Chiv

Vital Football Legend
From what Jose has to pick right now, how many of our players would start the next game for Liverpool, Citeh, Leicester, United, Chavs or the Gooners ?

Goalkeeper ?
Defence ?
Midfield ?

If you pick one of ours, say who you would ditch from the above teams.

And then say why Jose should be doing better lol.

From what Jose has to pick right now, how many of our players would start the next game for Liverpool, Citeh, Leicester, United, Chavs or the Gooners ?

Goalkeeper ?
Defence ?
Midfield ?

If you pick one of ours, say who you would ditch from the above teams.

And then say why Jose should be doing better lol.

Right now, I would say only Sanchez has a realistic chance over Evans, Lindelof, Mustafi/Luiz and Christensen. In a solid back four with a leader alongside him he'd be fine. Still a marginal call though.

As well as Gio could be, I can't see a natural switch. Perhaps for Ceballos.

As for Jose, he must keep getting putting the 5 or 6 players that aren't 90 mins fit through their paces. He can change styles to a more dynamic setup but needs to be careful if he wants more miles out of some of them in a game.

Caballero is worse than Lloris. As for the rest, I agree with Mutt.

Right now, I would say only Sanchez has a realistic chance over Evans, Lindelof, Mustafi/Luiz and Christensen. In a solid back four with a leader alongside him he'd be fine. Still a marginal call though.

As well as Gio could be, I can't see a natural switch. Perhaps for Ceballos.

As for Jose, he must keep getting putting the 5 or 6 players that aren't 90 mins fit through their paces. He can change styles to a more dynamic setup but needs to be careful if he wants more miles out of some of them in a game.

Gio is nowhere near the levels of Maddison/Fernades/KDB to play further forward or as good as Ndidi/Kante/Fernandinho

Over hyped so far

Gio is nowhere near the levels of Maddison/Fernades/KDB to play further forward or as good as Ndidi/Kante/Fernandinho

Over hyped so far
Disagree with that Kiny...in our team he has two problems...he is played out of position for most of the game until he is switched centrally when we start to play football and at that stage he has the same problem as ND in that there are no competent runners ahead of him to benefit from his passing skills.

I would put in the Liverpool team ahead of Henderson anyway.

Disagree with that Kiny...in our team he has two problems...he is played out of position for most of the game until he is switched centrally when we start to play football and at that stage he has the same problem as ND in that there are no competent runners ahead of him to benefit from his passing skills.

Henderson has been outstanding this season, much how it bemuses me.

It's comical; can you all recall how Eriksen would disappear when he had to play defensively?

LoCo is as good as Eriksen if not better (as time will tell) but he has to be played and positioned according to his remarkable talents.

It's comical; can you all recall how Eriksen would disappear when he had to play defensively?

LoCo is as good as Eriksen if not better (as time will tell) but he has to be played and positioned according to his remarkable talents.

Eriksens stats show he didnt disappear - lowest he was in tackles in previous 5 years before this season was 7th and constantly the highest/high in distance covered.

But I guess he didnt put any leg breakers in.

Eriksens stats show he didnt disappear - lowest he was in tackles in previous 5 years before this season was 7th and constantly the highest/high in distance covered.

But I guess he didnt put any leg breakers in.

ooooh bitchy! LOL!

He always covered alot of ground, he disappeared whenever the going got tough, it wasn't his game.

ooooh bitchy! LOL!

He always covered alot of ground, he disappeared whenever the going got tough, it wasn't his game.

Just dont get the hate on CE, he was our best player for those years. He wasnt in the team to do it - he pressed hard

Lo Celso may come good, but he looks no better than Lamela.

Just dont get the hate on CE, he was our best player for those years. He wasnt in the team to do it - he pressed hard

Lo Celso may come good, but he looks no better than Lamela.

I'm not dissing CE, even though I was thoroughly sick of him by the time he left after so much and so long a non-effort; I was his biggest supporter here when we bought him and said at the time I couldn't believe we'd got him, but his tackling wasn't one of his strengths - half the time you could barely call them tackles.

Different players IMO.

Lo Celso is a CM all day. Eriksen was a AM.

Different players IMO.

Lo Celso is a CM all day. Eriksen was a AM.

Definitely different players. Eriksen was almost best in a free role where he could run a marathon, find pockets of space and hurt the opposition. Gio seems to enjoy being more in the thick of it and does like a tackle. I'm pretty certain I read that Betis pushed him forward in the second half of last season and he was outstanding there. It's possible we're still playing him too deep.

Definitely different players. Eriksen was almost best in a free role where he could run a marathon, find pockets of space and hurt the opposition. Gio seems to enjoy being more in the thick of it and does like a tackle. I'm pretty certain I read that Betis pushed him forward in the second half of last season and he was outstanding there. It's possible we're still playing him too deep.

Winks is just so hit and miss. I think Lo is a better player than winks.

I like it when Lo dictates play from a central position.

Put a DM next to him and he would flourish. If Ndombele can be bothered he would be that guy.

Winks is just so hit and miss. I think Lo is a better player than winks.

I like it when Lo dictates play from a central position.

Put a DM next to him and he would flourish. If Ndombele can be bothered he would be that guy.

For me, it really is about getting Ndombele, Gio, Dele, Son, Bergwijn and Kane in the same eleven. The only problem I have is not really seeing it working until we have 2 credible full-backs, not to mention fixing Dele and Ndombele.

We've mastered the art of not playing to an individuals' talents, thus rendering him 65% effective.

Will we ever learn?

For me, it really is about getting Ndombele, Gio, Dele, Son, Bergwijn and Kane in the same eleven. The only problem I have is not really seeing it working until we have 2 credible full-backs, not to mention fixing Dele and Ndombele.

Not convinced Hugo and Toby are good enough anymore either.

Regarding our backline Sanchez aside who gets far to much stick are the rest good enough?

We are so poor defensively these days.

The reality is if we want to close the gap we need a new GK, RB, CB and a LB.

The 6 you mention for me are good enough in terms of ability but there is clearly mentality issues with Ndombele, Dele and I would put Son in the same bracket.

I would put Gedson in over Ndombele at the moment. He grafts and isn't a pussy like him.

They really aren't if you watched any of his games in la liga he is all over an AM, only us have played him as a CM in his whole career.

He has internationally. Try being Gio in a squad that includes Messi, Aguero, Dybala, Martinez, Icardi etc. Trust me, you either sit on the bench or do the water carrying. Him and Paredes are discovering a lot of mutual empathy as the rest swan about up front :-)

As for Betis, I thought it was a mid season switch to a more advanced role that saw him get going.