THIS is how to protest | Vital Football

THIS is how to protest

Platinii

Vital Champions League
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26509338

Sadly, we are filled to the brim with wankers who say there is no point in not going. It won't do anything.

It seems Lazio fans care more about their club than a lot of 'us' do about ours.

You sacrifice a lot more by not going, than going. That penny still doesn't seem to have dropped with many.

Saw that story earlier plats, agree 100%. Obviously we don't know what the supporters did behind the scenes, but clearly it wasn't that hard for them to organise as they managed it. I'm sure the anti-boycotters will just point to the fact that Lazio's owner hasn't instantly sold up as justification for continuing to give ashley money though.

He hasn't, but they are doing something about it.

Missing the first 15 minutes of a match has been a start, and now they have an almost deserted stadium, whilst those who did turn up were protesting with banners.

The manager is complaining about the conditions, and it's not ideal for the players. I cannot see any players wanting to come to the club, and those that are there will most likely be wanting away should this continue.

I don't know how long I've been wittering on about those being the implications if we did it, but here we have a working example.

Something has to give with the manager, team and players. They can't continue to function at that level in a silent stadium in front of four men and a dog.

Fair play to them I say. They are standing up for something they believe in.

We obviously don't have enough fans who care about the club.

I wonder if all the Italian lasses hauled their fellas off to Ikea as it seems to be the biggest reason in NE1 why people won't give up their season tickets.

vin1892 - 10/3/2014 11:31

I wonder if all the Italian lasses hauled their fellas off to Ikea as it seems to be the biggest reason in NE1 why people won't give up their season tickets.

I think that says it all really.

vin1892 - 10/3/2014 11:31

Anyone who won't give up their season ticket to help oust ashley because they'll have to spend time with their wife/girlfriend if they're not at the footy needs to reassess their relationship. It's such a pathetic excuse to use.

Would I rather spend nearly £100 on the match day experience and get shafted up the arse or go out, spend half of that and have quality time with my son and girlfriend? It's a no brainer.

Toon_Demon - 10/3/2014 12:30
Anyone who won't give up their season ticket to help oust ashley because they'll have to spend time with their wife/girlfriend if they're not at the footy needs to reassess their relationship. It's such a pathetic excuse to use.
There is always golf as an excellent reason not to spend a Saturday shopping.

What I miss most about match days is quality time with my kids.

That's another reason it's a poor excuse rexn. Even if you don't want to spend a saturday shopping or whatever it is your partner happens to want to do, there are plenty of other things you can do.

Ironic that OM and I posted simultaneously with different perspectives on how to get quality time with kids.

Just reading the report about Lazio, I see 40,000 went on a march.

"Fan anger has grown amid poor league form, a lack of incoming transfer activity and the January sale of playmaker Hernanes to Inter Milan."

Does that sound familiar?

"Supporters have been demonstrating against Lotito since the start of the season, boycotting the opening 15 minutes of a match in September in protest at the club's perceived lack of activity in the close season transfer window."

So they didn't spend much in the summer, nobody in during January and a star player out?

"Lazio, who have won five of 10 matches in which Reja has been in charge, stayed eighth after Sunday's defeat with 38 points but have dropped six behind Inter Milan, who are fifth and in the lowest Europa League qualifying place."

Of course, the big difference had been that they have only won 5 in the last 10. We are doing significantly better at 3 wins ion the last 10.

Toon_Demon - 10/3/2014 12:51

That's another reason it's a poor excuse rexn. Even if you don't want to spend a saturday shopping or whatever it is your partner happens to want to do, there are plenty of other things you can do.

For me, it's not about what other things you could be doing because at that given time it's all about following the club or in most cases, the non ability to support it how you would like to.

We all come on the forum because we have an interest in the club, with some of us attending or being available to attend for over 30 or 40 years. The shite way the club is being abused/run at present is temporary, so to then wonder about how we could spend our cash instead is a waste of breath and thought as this issue just questions whether some have time or effort for NUFC now.

Other fans will just point out that just because it seems that we're at the thick end of the 'thick and thin' line, we cannot handle it and aren't the 'great' fans that we make out we are.

Personally, Ive stated on many occasions that I don't see any form of staying away hurting Ashley because of the numbers that will step in on a cheap match to match basis and the increasing of the TV cash but im not completely closed to the idea working in a more organised scenario, although the invention of social media and forums has diluted the anger I feel as it's easier to vent now.

it's all about personal feeling.

Interesting that you raise the TV cash, TNMW.

I know it was on another thread but Ashley has shot himself in the foot.

With the points lost after the sale of Cabaye, we have only one of the last 10 games televised. That is a few million down the drain.

Without adequate investment in the summer and Jan we have failed to win 57% of our home league games.

OK, so match results can be swings and roundabouts but when you look back to games we should have won, mackems home and away (having given them their first win of the season) Hull at home, Southampton, West Ham and possibly Spurs, we could be on the fringes of a Champions league tilt.

Instead, of developing the commercial side with a long awaited pizza partner, a bit of investment could have secured an extra few million in TV revenue, maybe 5 million or so more in league placings and given a shot at tens of millions in the Champions League.

Rexn - 10/3/2014 13:41

Interesting that you raise the TV cash, TNMW.

I know it was on another thread but Ashley has shot himself in the foot.

With the points lost after the sale of Cabaye, we have only one of the last 10 games televised. That is a few million down the drain.

Without adequate investment in the summer and Jan we have failed to win 57% of our home league games.

OK, so match results can be swings and roundabouts but when you look back to games we should have won, mackems home and away (having given them their first win of the season) Hull at home, Southampton, West Ham and possibly Spurs, we could be on the fringes of a Champions league tilt.

Instead, of developing the commercial side with a long awaited pizza partner, a bit of investment could have secured an extra few million in TV revenue, maybe 5 million or so more in league placings and given a shot at tens of millions in the Champions League.

Yet more proof I suppose that Ashley isn't that clever after all.

Sensible speculation could bring massive wealth.

He's more bothered about making money off youth cup games though. Bigger fish to fry and all that lark.

I think in this aspect, you are discounting the fact that Cabaye wanted away, anyway - and that Ashley simply hung on and then let him go, when he got a bid worth something.

Cabaye is pretty much at his peak now, and had perhaps one more lucrative contract to earn, and a chance for a stab and playing at the top level for a few years. That's what he wanted.

Cabaye wanted this move every bit as much, if not more, than Ashley wanting the money for him.