This England | Vital Football

This England

hanboroughvilla

Vital Squad Member
Probably silly me but I was brought up to mourn and respect the dead.Yesterday a mother and daughter took their own lives at Ealing Broadway railway station.

This type of incident,thankfully rare,is problematic for the emergency services to deal with at the best of times but apparantly the major problem they faced was people wanting to take photos of the two bodies on the tracks.The station announcer had to make a specific request for people not to do this and one man had to be physically restrained.

The next thing will be for people to jump onto the tracks and take selfies with bodies.

It's "anything for a photo" nowadays and stuff anything to do with respect for others.I'm obviously completely out of touch with acceptable modes of behaviour.I am told it is called progress.

Rant over

Its just people want to take "The Photo" and post it on Facebook to see how many shares and likes they can get.

There was a story a while back of some poor guy on top of a building and a crowd below chanting "Jump & Get on with it"

I dont think they even bothered to fuck off after he hit the ground.
Its a sick old world we live in.

I will never understand this so called modern mentality, it turns my stomach to think about it let alone want a picture ffs,

It doesn't help that Facebook allow virtually anything to stay posted.

I am sure that if one of the offending photos did get uploaded they would shrug and say "free country"...

hanboroughvilla - 25/6/2015 16:36

Probably silly me but I was brought up to mourn and respect the dead.

It's "anything for a photo" nowadays and stuff anything to do with respect for others.

I'm obviously completely out of touch with acceptable modes of behaviour.I am told it is called progress.

Regress more like, I'm with you on that one, shocking behaviour.

Well I dare say I would have looked but that would have been that, it is sick to take photo's.Personally I would have been pissed off if I was trying to get somewhere because of their selfishness.Now obviously they have problems they are not happy with their lives but for me as long your not suffering from a debilitating disease then suicide is cowardly and selfish it's the one's left behind who have to deal with it.For me most problems can be overcome there's always a way.What also pisses me off if they are going to take their own lives why do they have to do it in such public places.

Was going to a job yesterday and saw everyone on the front lawn, walked over and realised they were mourners and they had gathered outside to take photos of the flowers, from all angles. They were doing close-ups, shots far away etc, I found this to be a bit weird. They were gonna post it on a social media site no doubt, in between snaps of their dinner and dog/kids etc.

col8 - 25/6/2015 16:40

Its just people want to take "The Photo" and post it on Facebook to see how many shares and likes they can get.

Yep, it's like a game. In Charlie Brooker's Top 25 games of all time recently, Twitter was at number 1.

Social media sites like that and Facebook have become new "games". Instead of collecting coins and saving Princess's, it's all about collecting "friends/follwers", "likes/favourites" and "retweets/shares".

It's all gone very weird on planet earth and it's going to get weirder....

Sad and very sick. I'd be wanting to look away not look to take a photo.

It is like the idiots who slow down to look at motorway crashes. I'm more than happy to see nothing at all and keep going.