Third Round Draw: Watch It HERE! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Third Round Draw: Watch It HERE!

I see in my linked calendar the game is already showing on the 26th, that was quick !
Don’t think that can be official yet mind, I reckon will be on TV so might be 8pm kick off !

I see in my linked calendar the game is already showing on the 26th, that was quick !
Don’t think that can be official yet mind, I reckon will be on TV so might be 8pm kick off !
Considering West Ham play on the Sunday before this will probably be on Wednesday 27th, but still with a chance of being on TV.
Will there be a Thursday night game during the 3rd round?

We came close to beating them in 1982, and they had an excellent side back then. Went to the replay which was postponed an hour before kick-off and couldn't go when it was eventually replayed. Time for revenge.

Edit: Phil Parkes, Ray Stewart, Paul Brush (sorry), Billy Bonds, Alvin Martin, Alan Devonshire, Neil Orr, Paul Goddard, Sandy Clark, Paul Allen, Geoff Pike.

Brooking was out with a serious injury at the time.
Same here, a few of us skived the afternoon off school and went down on the train (was it one of those Specials?) only for it to be called off. Couldn’t afford or had the inclination to go to the re-arranged fixture the following week as we’d already been given detention.

That 1-1 home game was a memorable night, the attendance was 13,889 but my Great Uncle, Les Edwards who worked the turnstiles always said over 19k were inside old Sinny Bank that night.

Bizarrely they were 3rd in Division 1 and we were Top of Division 3 when we played them … there’s a chance we could both be in similar positions 41 years on?!!!

We came close to beating them in 1982, and they had an excellent side back then. Went to the replay which was postponed an hour before kick-off and couldn't go when it was eventually replayed. Time for revenge.

Edit: Phil Parkes, Ray Stewart, Paul Brush (sorry), Billy Bonds, Alvin Martin, Alan Devonshire, Neil Orr, Paul Goddard, Sandy Clark, Paul Allen, Geoff Pike.

Brooking was out with a serious injury at the time.

Woz there and was in South Landan when the replay was called off. A clean shaven Billy Bonds too.

Newcastle Reserves v City Reserves
Utd Reserves v Palace

Imps will make more money if they beat Wolves U21’s than they will v West Ham ffs.
The Gate money for the WHU match you would think will be in the region of £120 / £130,000 split, after costs, 45/45 /10 , worth having but TV money would be substantially more than that.

And to think EFL clubs (including ours) rush to bend over for Sky to get a few crumbs from the new TV Deal.

As they say in Glasgow - ‘get tae fuck’.