Things that should be LEGAL | Page 2 | Vital Football

Things that should be LEGAL

Green Tea - 4/7/2013 22:06

Thats because there is an age limit Kat..Like drugs and smoking, its seen as a taboo when you grow up, yet if take down all the barriers then there is a good chance it wouldnt be an issue.

Cuba and Jamaica have no minimum drinking age, and according to the World Health Organisation have amongst the worst drinking problems in the World. I think your theory needs a bit more work before it can be accepted.

They are amongst the lowest Heath, they come just above many Muslim countries. The UK is in the top 20.

I was talking about under age drinking. The figures you refer to are probably the ones for the over 15's.

I'm not saying you are entirely incorrect, as there are Countries with little or no regulation, and there isn't a major problem. Then you look at places like the Czech Republic where it is illegal to buy alcohol under the age of 18, but t is legal to drink it, and you see a major drink problem.

It's a little more complicated than mere legality, and there isn't a consistent correlation between this and consumption. It is more to do with the Social pressures and ease of access.

CDX_EIRE - 5/7/2013 05:55

... Im not for this nanny state shit... I mean we already let people take the most dangerous drugs (cigarettes and alcohol) anyway...

Yes but imagine the tax that the government would lose if no one drank, smoked or gambled!

Anyway, I think giving your kids a smack should be legal.

Frankus - 5/7/2013 04:08

CDX_EIRE - 5/7/2013 05:55

... Im not for this nanny state shit... I mean we already let people take the most dangerous drugs (cigarettes and alcohol) anyway...

Yes but imagine the tax that the government would lose if no one drank, smoked or gambled!

Anyway, I think giving your kids a smack should be legal.

Just CDX's kids? That's a bit harsh! :17:

Seriously though, there is no law against it in the UK but there have been cases of people being arrested for child abuse when they have done it, I suppose one has to be careful as to the circumstances for it to be "state approved"

My main issues with the law are not things that either are legal and should not be or things that are not legal that should be but how the existing law is administrated, especially things like tax laws and in particular tax laws in Norway and the apparent fact that it is a greater crime to cheat on your taxes than to abuse a child.

Yeah, just CDX's kids! :1:

I definitely agree with you VOTN. I am not condoned beating children, but giving your son or daughter a smack on the backside should not result in the authorities turning up to speak with you! In Australia, it is illegal. Teachers are required to report any suspected child 'abuse' to the appropriate authorities. This even includes if they have overheard a student say that their mum or dad smacked them.

Smacking children is disgusting full stop. Its purely bad parenting and in most cases its the result of a bad tempered parent - taking it out on a child. In all cases (like smacking anyone or animal) it should be illegal!

Green Tea - 5/7/2013 16:00

Smacking children is disgusting full stop. Its purely bad parenting and in most cases its the result of a bad tempered parent - taking it out on a child. In all cases (like smacking anyone or animal) it should be illegal!

Do you have children?

Clubpaver - 5/7/2013 08:37

Okay.
Head butting the parents of a misbehaving child should be legal then.

Well I think we can all agree on that one.
Finally we have a workable compromise solution

People who pull across the yellow crosshatching at traffic junctions should be pulled form their car and you are given 14 seconds to get your hand as far up their arse as you can.

After 14 seconds you have to get back in your car and drive away.

Nothing more than that, just make that legal.