Things Afoot | Page 3 | Vital Football

Things Afoot

Scroll back up to the top of this page and you will see some sort of explanation. The short version is that Ashley has clearly taken cash out.

As a result he went shopping at HoF and decided to invest in some CDs too. Saving the high street. What a hero.

Well after this signing I take it all protests will now be off and the ground will be full as always with no nasty chanting this time.You won't have to search very hard on social media etc for happy clappers congratulating Ashley on spending money from the Mitrovic sale only they will say it came from his pocket.Now all we need to do now is spend the Andy Carrol money and it will be parties and not riots.
A new contract for Rafa might follow this and the daft twats won't realise Ashley has played them all AGAIN!!!Still as long as they are happy,fuck the rest of us that stay away until he has gone,we only care about the club and not a day out.

Markylad our day will come just got to keep believing and when we go back we should have a stand of our own so we dont have to associate with those that done fuck all and let Ashley rape the club and shame the city again and again, we shall look down on them. By the look of Ashley i reckon the old heart could be under serious pressure so sudden death is a real possibilty hopefully tomorrow.

Thing is Mick, he hasn't spent 20m. A loan has been taken out against the future tv income to pay for it. Only one signing. The initial amount for Almiron is 16m which is just under what we paid for Owen. In some sort of warped thoughts, Ashley will get satisfaction from that. Maybe more outgoings still, Ashley is systematically bleeding the club dry.

Wow fan-fucking-tastic. That will be enough to keep us up, keep the plastic supporters happy and for Rafa to sign a new contract. Rinse and repeat for another year. I wonder who will appear in December wanting to buy the club this time. You couldn't make this shit up and still 52000 wankers turn up at the ground and still you hear and read about how we should be grateful to Mikey boy for saving the club from bankruptcy. Bet Mike is laughing his cock off somewhere at how gullible these fuckwits are. We will be in a similar position come January the 31st 2020 and 2021 ........

Another totally uninspiring window. As previously mentioned, enough to keep the wankers happy at least.

So at the end of it all, apparently we have a full squad of 25, Lazaar being swapped for Barreca, Murphy for Almiron. The net impact on wages is around £1million in the current financial year. Some youngsters have gone out on loan for experience.

Outstanding is the potential loan swap for Rondon/Gayle to be made permanent. In the meantime, circumstantial evidence is that Ashley has taken at least £30million out of the club, perhaps more.

The effect is that there will still be £30-40million surplus that could go into the summer budget, plus outstanding instalments on the likes of Mitrovic, Sissoko, Wijnaldum etc. Alternatively, it could go back into Ashley's pocket.

Time will tell how happy Rafa is with that set of outcomes.

Personally I think Rafa will stay and a new contract agreed within the month.

I also think it'll be groundhog day come the closure of the Summer window and Rafa will be wishing he hadn't bothered.

How do you get cast iron guarantees from the fat pig that's he's going to invest in the playing squad, training facilities and academy as he's a born fucking liar. Even if it were written into a contract the fat pig would have no qualms in breaking that contract and heading to court, as he's done numerous times in the past.

I think Benitez would be after dafter signing a new contract than he was signing the last one with a 6m compensation clause in it. Certainly any good solicitor would advise him against signing anything whilst the fat **** is still at the club. At best I would sign a month to month rolling contract so I could fuck off at a drop of a hat.

Gotta say that I think Fat Mike has played this out like a pro'.
Spent a bit of money (most don't really care where the cash comes from or where it's gone) to seemingly put the ball squarely back in RB's court.
ie.. "we've given Rafa the support he asked for now we'd like him to commit his future to this great club"
I reckon RB has cornered himself, if he does sign up for another year or whatever he's as big a problem as Fat Mike (as some have been saying on here for some time). If he doesn't and walks, I'd imagine a large portion of the clubs supporters will label him a Judas.
I believe that's the fickle nature of the vast majority of our support.

I am not convinced it will be enough to avoid relegation. Still reliant on Rondon and he gets injured we are stuffed.
Will be interesting to see Rafa's reaction and his contract.

I genuinely think Benitez wants to stay on, sees the potential, respects the City and the supporters, unfortunately I think this may cloud his judgement and he'd be a fool to sign another contract, the parasite will never change. The question is would he rather be in this powerless position at our club, still involved in the game he loves, but hands tied, or move on, I think he would still get offered a Premiership job elswhere, Leicester/West Ham maybe even Everton if Silva doesn't work out.

He'd be mad to sign a new contract unless it's a yearly one. I wouldn't say a loan signing and a £20m player covers all the coin he's raked in over the years, plus Benitez style of play is shite.

AS far as i'm concerned Benitez would be a bigger cu*t than Pardew if he signs another contract.

He's already a cu*t for working with and endorsing Ashley's regime for three years but a new contract !!

Even if he signs a rolling six hourly contract it would still make him a special kind of cu*nt.

Why anyone makes allowances for him especially when you consider what Pardew was lambasted for is puzzling.

A couple of players will not make a great deal of difference to the way he sets the team up and they will not increase our chances of winning anything,not that he tries to.

If the cockney geezer was a cancer in our club Rafa the gaffa is clear-cell sarcoma.

Ashley's cheap transfer window stunt should be obvious to even the most cranially challenged, Benitez is clearly far from that.

No excuses,he has no reason to be here.

Further to what McNamee was saying. Kieran Maguire who does the very useful Price Of Football twitter account has tweeted the following . Loan from Barclays to be repaid out of future tv money .

View attachment 31089
With the benefit of seeing what has happened in the transfer window, I have been juggling figures to try and add to perspective, noting that no amount is mentioned in the full 56 pages of the charge.

On the cash front, as stated elsewhere, there should be a cash surplus in the club following last season. With the figures reported for Almiron, they should be well within any current cash surplus unless Ashley has taken out more than £30million of his loan since the last publication of accounts. OK, loan fees and agents' fees would add a bit to cash out but suffice it to say, the accounts published in 2010 should make interesting reading.

In trying to work out the implications, any help is welcome.

What I have come up with is:
1. Ashley is reducing the "loan" to increase his value from any sale and/or raise cash to buy other businesses
2. NUFC expected to pay out more than they did in the transfer window
3. The charge has been taken out as a precaution for summer trading activity under new management

As I say, other ideas are welcome.

The barrow boy has played a blinder not be long till the shoe wavers are chanting the fat fucking parasites name