They're at it again | Page 26 | Vital Football

They're at it again

Notty and Norfolk, isn't it time that you stopped all this now? I notice that nobody else is being reeled in to your spat (sensibly) so it's just the pair of you. Why not have a private conversation instead of putting all your dirty washing out on general display?

Please just accept that you both have differing views and leave it at that, for the sake of the rest of us. Thank you both.

The thing is though, we actually don’t have many differing views these days. I don’t even know who he is as he flatly refuses to tell me, so for all I know he might be a John Kettley Bot 🤷‍♂️

As he mentions about 20 years ago, but times change as do viewpoints, he’s still stuck there, I’m not.

But thanks for raising this point, it’s become incredibly boring I agree 👏🏻👏🏻

The thing is though, we actually don’t have many differing views these days. I don’t even know who he is as he flatly refuses to tell me, so for all I know he might be a John Kettley Bot 🤷‍♂️

As he mentions about 20 years ago, but times change as do viewpoints, he’s still stuck there, I’m not.

But thanks for raising this point, it’s become incredibly boring I agree 👏🏻👏🏻

Well, apart from 5G. You need to do some work on that. ;)

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Jules has told me to and he's the BOSS! :grinning:

BTW: if you haven't worked out who I am, there have been enough clues in 20 years.

No respect for a club that sent an email saying "1 down, 6 to go"

Aah yes, De Speigel - the controversial newspaper whose special 25 March 2008 edition of Der Spiegel on Islam was banned in Egypt in April 2008 for publishing material deemed by authorities to be insulting Islam and the Prophet Muhammad.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport soon put them in their place last year.

Last edited:
Aah yes, De Speigel - the controversial newspaper whose special 25 March 2008 edition of Der Spiegel on Islam was banned in Egypt in April 2008 for publishing material deemed by authorities to be insulting Islam and the Prophet Muhammad.

This seems like a very tenuous and irrelevant objection - especially as City's main issue to the e-mails generally seems to be that they were criminally obtained by Rui Pinto as opposed to being made up.

I doubt their football reporters insulted Islam 13 years ago.

Being offended by anything nowadays is par for the course. Even in religion as highlighted in the article below. Blaming others for your shortcomings (I use your in the wider general term, not personally) has long been used by individuals, as well as groups of people who feel they are being left behind in society eg. White 'working class' males being drawn to the far right to blame immigrants for not being able to get a job. It is also used by governments to blame the bogey man in countries like America who always seem to have a good/bad narrative going on to make everyone look away that the country is being ravaged by opiods/guns/health care for just the rich.

Counties like Egypt use this kind of blashemy blaming as as a kind of 'what's that over there?!' while they perform a sleight of hand.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ational-symbols-culture-decline-flags-statues

So they didn't write that email?

Another thing to consider, and I promise I'll stop soon, is that in the midst of all of this, the proposal for a new Champions League was voted through. This new proposal had compromises in it because the bigger Club's moaned so whilst the ESL hasn't gone through, they've still managed to change things a little in the current format, although I read UEFA can still make further amendments if needed (doubt they will, more money on offer...).
And to elaborate on this, the 'Swiss model' being brought in means that two Clubs a season can enter the competition despite not qualifying for it via domestic leagues.

As an example, Liverpool are finding it tough to qualify for the CL this season but from 2024, they'd probably get in due to their historic coefficient at the expense of, I think, West Ham who are 4th and would drop into the Europa despite finishing in the CL places.

The likes of Juventus, Madrid, Barca, etc will always qualify because of weaker domestic leagues but it effectively guarantees that the full English contingent will make it. The chances of an English Club missing out for three or four years in a row (I'm unsure how far back they look at the coefficient) are slim.

Basically, the 'elite' will continue to qualify for the CL, probably at the expense of those without much of a European track record.

From reading around this morning, the other 14 Clubs are wanting the PL to withdraw from any engagement and discussions around concessions to do with Project Big Picture and make them sign legally binding contracts to ensure that they won't challenge the TV money distributions i.e. the PL doesn't turn into La Liga and the top Clubs get the biggest chunk of the TV money.

Lots of ideas flying around but the proof is in the pudding.

Perez not giving up - the man's deluded but highly dangerous in how he sees the way the game needs to be 'saved'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56842442

Interesting, given his comments that the game must be made more attractive for to younger generations who he thinks are turning away from football, that the demonstrators against his proposals earlier in the week were predominantly young.

Also, in today's Times (so no link though hopefully repeated elsewhere) that the UK Government leant fast and hard on the UAE government which includes Man/Abu Dhabi City's owners and prompted their rapid withdrawal.

To say that MADCity 'saved the day' by effectively sabotaging the ESL is stretching credulity, they may have been the most reluctant members and the first to then bottle it, but they signed up nonetheless to add to their track record of screwing the game over in recent years.

Also, in today's Times (so no link though hopefully repeated elsewhere) that the UK Government leant fast and hard on the UAE government which includes Man/Abu Dhabi City's owners and prompted their rapid withdrawal.

To say that MADCity 'saved the day' by effectively sabotaging the ESL is stretching credulity, they may have been the most reluctant members and the first to then bottle it, but they signed up nonetheless to add to their track record of screwing the game over in recent years.

They would, obviously, have continued with it if they could have got away with it. They got caught.

Yes very enjoyable thanks, watching Skin Fade Gascoigne is an absolute joy, who has the potential to become the best footballer this country has ever produced.
If you're refering to Foden then yes, he's potential to be one of the greats and seems to be fulfilling that promise. That he's achieved it without leaving is frankly astonishing.

I can't work out whether Norfolk actually believes Man City didn't break FFP or not?
I don’t care either way, FFP was brought in to protect the big clubs/cartel as they didn’t want ‘ickle Citeh’ challenging their power .... they’ve failed.

I can't work out whether Norfolk actually believes Man City didn't break FFP or not?

I think in their world it's either they didn't, or that they did and that's fine because UEFA is corrupt.

The same as with the super league, they were either blackmailed into joining it or it was a huge devilish plan to make other teams look bad by joining (which they executed by... also joining).

Poor little Man City, always wronged, always the good guy!

Edit: Bingo, predictably got there before me. Bet he doesn't respond with anything remotely cogent about the e-mails.