They're at it again | Page 25 | Vital Football

They're at it again

Notty and Norfolk, isn't it time that you stopped all this now? I notice that nobody else is being reeled in to your spat (sensibly) so it's just the pair of you. Why not have a private conversation instead of putting all your dirty washing out on general display?

Please just accept that you both have differing views and leave it at that, for the sake of the rest of us. Thank you both.

Notty and Norfolk, isn't it time that you stopped all this now? I notice that nobody else is being reeled in to your spat (sensibly) so it's just the pair of you. Why not have a private conversation instead of putting all your dirty washing out on general display?

Please just accept that you both have differing views and leave it at that, for the sake of the rest of us. Thank you both.

What spat? We've been posting like this for 20 years. 😁

We’ve got one from Spurs, who were the last team to make me cry after the 81’ Cup Final 😪 .. but he’s been one of my favourite players this season.

I’d like to think if we manage to keep hold of Appleton his contacts will mean we loan further gems from the top flight, including the Stretford Red Sox.

Just dumb though isn't it, no one is saying we don't want good young players on loan, just that it doesn't excuse trying to rig football in the favour of 12 clubs. Which is what you just said. City gave us Rogers for 6 months so they deserve 'respect'. Laughable

Just dumb though isn't it, no one is saying we don't want good young players on loan, just that it doesn't excuse trying to rig football in the favour of 12 clubs. Which is what you just said. City gave us Rogers for 6 months so they deserve 'respect'. Laughable

Actually both Man City and Chelsea had no involvement in devising this wretched "league" but were presented with essentially a piece of blackmail to either sign up there and then or miss out being at the "top table" of european football.
Yes it's greed that then takes over but its also fear of exclusion from something that could have become the richest part of football and therefore being left behind the new elite.

Now once it quickly became apparent that this was a failed prospectus, they fortunately led the dropping out sequence.

Should they all still be punished? Yes absolutely and majorly so and particularly to strongly dissuade any future such moves.

Actually both Man City and Chelsea had no involvement in devising this wretched "league" but were presented with essentially a piece of blackmail to either sign up there and then or miss out being at the "top table" of european football.
Yes it's greed that then takes over but its also fear of exclusion from something that could have become the richest part of football and therefore being left behind the new elite.

Now once it quickly became apparent that this was a failed prospectus, they fortunately led the dropping out sequence.

Should they all still be punished? Yes absolutely and majorly so and particularly to strongly dissuade any future such moves.

That is all by the by. Doesn't matter if you were the instigators or went along with it. They had the choice to turn it down.......they chose money instead. They already had more money than the rest and they still chose money over doing the right thing. By agreeing to it all 6 are in the same boat. Any one of them could've turned it down. Do we know if any others did turn it down? Were these the 6 first choices and they all said yes? If so it says something that not one of them turned it down.

The laughable notion that 2 of the richest clubs in the world are trying to say it was "peer pressure." It wasn't peer pressure it was:
abpZkCs6Nw9LVtdPFyZOMODohBNhEgWYIp8_1kuDTAciNwkJyAuw005ZFglTvYkZ1099LIfSOEoTlsyWOZD3Hij0UpY0rQazfn1dzn4

Last edited:
‘They’ have been a provider of one of The Imps key players since January and one of the best young talents to ever wear the red & white shirt ... so have some respect.
I have that respect. For the Imps governance and coaching which has made us such an attractive club to develop Rogers as a player, and he's come on leaps and bounds before he builds his career, probably in Germany.

For ManC? Any vestige of respect has disappeared in the last few days and their snivelling back tracking sticks in the throat. They're like the kid who got caught with his fingers in the till and are trying to bleat their way out of trouble. It won't wash.

I just don't believe for a moment they were blackmailed into being involved. How did so many other clubs offered manage to avoid it?

Can you not see the irony of a club who's moaned about it being an exclusive club and how awful that is, being a founder of a new exclusive club?

Neither get any sympathy from me

Last edited:

in a business this size, you usually read and understand the prospectus before signing up.

The only thing they didn't understand was that everyone would see straight through the Emperor's new clothes, fully recognise, and be utterly disgusted with, what they look like underneath.

I can't stand any of the 'six'.
I refuse to use the big part they have been given as they mean so little to me. They are as insignificant to me as a bit of fluff that falls onto the carpet when I take my socks off before bed.
Would happily see them take the cods place in non league, and that's saying something.
Someone mentioned mk thieves earlier as well, I for one haven't forgotten or forgiven their treachery and I never will. They need to be removed as well. There was no pressure from the government when they staged their heist, but that's because there were very little votes to be won from 10k Wimbledon fans.

In short Liverpool, Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Milton Keynes are all scum and should never be forgiven. Sanctions both official and un official should proceed for a generation. No club in the UK football pyramid should ever take a player on loan from them, deal with them when buying or selling players, have pre season friendlies with them, play reserve team games with them, or play their youth games in the trophy. All clubs should join together and jointly pay any fines for not fulfilling any fixtures with their u23s therefore bringing that competition back to a lower league cup competition.