They took Christmas away from us! | Vital Football

They took Christmas away from us!

in_the_top_one

Vital Football Legend
Wasn't even a national holiday in America until 1850.
Bloody fundamentalist Christians! Going over there - and staying in England - trying to change our way of life with their anti-Christmas nonsense.

http://theweek.com/articles/479313/when-americans-banned-christmas
Interesting article.

Religion eh ITTO ?

I am actually quite religious in my own way but loathe every organised religion with every fibre of my being bar maybe Buddhism

What the fook does Christmas have to do with Religion other than in a historical context?
Its nothing more than a holiday where people receive presents they do not want.

I'm an atheist and am amazed people still live their lives by mumbo jumbo written thousands of years ago.
Adam and eve for fooks sake ?.....seriously ?
Had a debate with my best mate tonight who said he saw an image of jesus in his carpet the night his mum died.
Apparently it didn't look like the traditional Robert Powell image of jesus though.
Give me strength it could have been Bob Latchford for fooks sake !
Really can't believe people cling on to this shit.

orbitalforest - 19/11/2015 22:41

I'm an atheist and am amazed people still live their lives by mumbo jumbo written thousands of years ago.
Had a debate with my best mate tonight who said he saw an image of jesus in his carpet the night his mum died.
Apparently it didn't look like the traditional Robert Powell image of jesus though.

Probability argues that some form of creator or guidance is statistically very likely. Certainly nothing in science proves otherwise.

Calvin Plummer - 19/11/2015 23:08

Probability argues that some form of creator or guidance is statistically very likely. Certainly nothing in science proves otherwise.

I'll stick to science rather than some bloke with a beard fooking about with playdoh cheers.

orbitalforest - 19/11/2015 23:12

Calvin Plummer - 19/11/2015 23:08

I'll stick to science rather than some bloke with a beard fooking about with playdoh cheers.

You're brighter than that. Noble prize winners are frequently theists and even a@@@@st atheists they frequently accept there is nothing in science that excludes theism. Don't confuse religion with theism.

orbitalforest - 20/11/2015 04:02

I do believe in santa though.
Does that count ?
Orbital, Have you already forgotton our own Djamel Abdoun, THE LORD OF GOALS.
Looked great either end of a cross and was always producing a whine..