Theo archibald | Vital Football

Theo archibald

Not sure - he was on the bench yesterday but not used. I wonder if MA thinks not worth having a left winger with Bramall & Rogers. Just clog things up maybe & take away their freedom of movement?

Not sure - he was on the bench yesterday but not used. I wonder if MA thinks not worth having a left winger with Bramall & Rogers. Just clog things up maybe & take away their freedom of movement?

Clog things things and remove freedom of movement. The Football equivalent of Brexit then.

When did he last play? I vaguely remember him coming on at home in a game we were either losing or drawing in, maybe Shrewsbury?

Seems to have been fairly obvious for a while now that he'll not be here next season. The Howarth deal pretty much confirmed that anyway.

What is it with Appleton and Archibald? Has he done something to annoy him in training? He obviously does not rate the lad one bit as there have been plenty of occasions, especially just recently, where we've been crying out for a different attacking option and he's been continually overlooked.

I make it he has been on the bench 28 times in all comps this season and been brought on only eight times – he has been sub for our last nine games, but has been used just once and seen around five minutes of action, and this during a run of only one win. It was understandable earlier in the season when we were winning regularly and he had injury issues, but when we're down to the bare bones, playing players who are not fully match fit or have been struggling, why then still not give him a go? His morale must be at rock bottom. I've seen him sat in the stands at games where he's not even been asked to warm-up. No wonder he looks fed up.

Not the first player signed and binned off doubt he will be the last

shame as a wasted squad member really hits us hard.

MA will be setting a high bar. As a player you will be expected to be upper L1 quality now with a view to being Championship ready in one or two years.

Some players that we would rate as decent, will not be decent enough for the levels expected by MA in elite, highly competitive circles of the game.

Who is this Archibald character? 🤔 I remember a Steve playing for Spurs once upon a time?
I remember that twat scoring against us in the league cup back 1983 at white hart lane and giving him the 2 fingered salute - still we got our own back at sinny bank for the 2nd. Imps 4ever

It could just be something as simple as he doesn't properly execute what MA wants on the training ground. If that is the case, he's not likely to be seen as capable of coming into a game and making an impact.

I think probably every squad we’ve had there’s always a player who never features to the bemusement of the paying public.