Theo Archibald | Vital Football

Theo Archibald

Appleton mentioned him in the press conference, saying he could get some action. But he rather is the forgotten man and this move hasn't really worked out for him... yet.

Something strange about this one I think... I'd be surprised if he's still here after the end of the season.

Is there something strange? Isn't it just that the squad needs a certain number of players just in case who are often a bit of a punt and only likely to play in emergencies. There always seems to be a few and this year he's one of them.

Agree he'll probably be off though.

If he hadn’t been injured surely would have featured in the Trophy games.
I think there is a half decent player in there, if he comes back fresh he might have a part to play yet.

Was very surprised last month when we kept Archibald around but let Elbouzedi go out on loan. Zak has shown far more promise this season than Theo has.

With Harry out for up to six weeks. Archibald will definitely make the bench as soon as he is fit. A make or break two months for him.

Was very surprised last month when we kept Archibald around but let Elbouzedi go out on loan. Zak has shown far more promise this season than Theo has.

With Harry out for up to six weeks. Archibald will definitely make the bench as soon as he is fit. A make or break two months for him.

Potentially it’s a case of Archibald is rated as 60/100, and with a loan and regular league football (which he has already had in his career) he may come back a 62/100, whereas Zak is a 58/100, but with a loan and regular league football (which he hasn’t had) he may return a 68/100...? Probably a bit too simplistic but I don’t have the biggest brain!

Think he said earlier Theo had trained a couple of times and could feature shortly - in reaction to Harry's injury problems

Maybe Elbouzedi is genuinely out on loan with the intention that he'll come back and be an asset in a way that Archibald wouldn't be. Generally lip service is paid to that when it's pretty obvious to all that the loan is to get someone off the books for a bit and save a few quid before they can be shipped out but perhaps that's not the case here. And then Archibald is still here to add squad ballast for the remainder of the season.

Guess Zack has gone to make room for Rogers before a decision in the summer. Tough to hit the ground running at a new club; he's only started 2 games plus two subs for Bolton, and played 131 mins in total - not going great at the moment.
We've only seen fleeting glimpses of Theo who doesn't quite look the finished article but also maybe needs some game time to build consistency.

I thought I saw something a couple of weeks ago saying he was coming back from injury but MApp said Theo needed to up his game
This is precisely the situation. MA seemed to have undertones of Aaron Lewis and explained Theo had to basically kick on, impress the coaches in addition to recovering from his injury.

It's going to be difficult for Archibald to make a big impression this season and who knows after that.

However, he certainly has some talent and it's not impossible he could just do something crucial this season, even if it's off the bench (remember everyone wondering what Tom Pett brought to the team and then finding the goal to get us into the play offs in 2018).

He certainly should have fresh legs at a time when they might be useful.