The World Cup | Page 7 | Vital Football

The World Cup

About 85 and windy here... there's a few thunderstorms around but nothing serious. We have had a fair bit of rain this week - not a drought buster but welcome nonetheless. We got about 3.5 inches in an hour Tuesday afternoon on my campus, just an absolute toad choker. It's hilly around my campus so some of the roads were like Class 5 rapids. The next day the rain was up around my house. I'm about ten miles north of downtown Fort Worth, not as hilly as we're along the seam of several different watersheds. Still, we managed to get some flooding for a few hours. Nothing major since we're in this drought.

But for all the rain we got, it didn't impact many of the lakes. We have several reservoirs that are down a good 15-20 feet. One of them just SW of me has gone up about 8 feet this week, but most are only up about a foot. The upshot it that the summer (which for us starts about mid-May) has been fairly cool. Most days are in the low 90s, which this time of year we'll take with no complaints. I think so far we've peaked out around 96. Since we're in the drought there's not been much humidity, but I suspect that's going to change this week thanks to the recent rains, as the soil and vegetation moisture evaporates off, making things downright slimy. Hopefully it's not too bad, as I'm off to summer Scout camp with the boys tomorrow. There's a TV in the main dining hall so I won't miss the USA-Belgium game Tuesday...

tough luck on the Chileans tonight,pity they had to play the hosts,they are a really good team and its how I would like to see us play

Columbia have been fantastic this tournament

Goals, entertaining play, flair, and goal celebrations to challenge Roger Milla!

James Rodriguez's goal tonight was sublime

The three Chilean defenders played brilliantly together. I understand that they all play for different clubs in the championship. Couldnt we use our 7 million or whatever it would cost to try and buy all three. So far we keep hearing about strikers, surely our defence was leaky last season and if it hadnt have been for JR, we would have had an even worse goal difference.

james rodriguez,a couple of seasons ago not wanted it seems by any club,now being touted as one of the best strikers in the world...we missed a chance ! :doh:

So we have a world cup in the heat next time which appointment now has a dubiousness about it and FIFA are now exploiting USA to hold the 2026 World Cup after Australia and England both got rolled.
As for Australia a World Cup down under ain't gonna happen this side of 2056 let alone 2026 - so why should USA get a guernsey as early as 2026 - guess its not my concern anyhow as I wont be around for 2056 :fury:

Mr Fox on the brazil result and a little dig at Norwich.

David Fox @davidfox1983 - Some game that was, fair play to the Germans, to be away from home, 5-0 up at half time then win 7-1 that hardly ever happens !

Beckham's kids wearing argentina tops? I know some people might say its just a shirt, but I'd never wear another countries top.