The Vital Super-Exciting January Transfer Window Thread | Vital Football

The Vital Super-Exciting January Transfer Window Thread

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
Thought we might need one of these at some point? Maybe?

I'll kick off with a first rumour- Jason Cummings to Rangers for £1m. Tidy little profit and who needs strikers eh?

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/cummings-and-goings-for-both-sides-of-old-firm/

So, top rumours so far are Worral leaving for £8m and Cummings for £1m. Manager with targets is sacked and replaced with a cheap manager who is used to his players being sold.

i am a tree - 7/1/2018 11:54

for 8m we could buy two very good defenders.
We'd be crazy to hold on to Worral at that price.

The comment is more aimed at the style of window so far.

We had targets lined up.

That has all been killed.

Now it's selling players and appointing a manager who a) hasnt the experience to assess the squad quickly, b) has no realistic chance of having time to spend any money and c) is used to his best players being sold without replacement. Not successful in that of course, but used to it.

Meanwhile, Olympiacos have a new manager and are making signings

And of Cummings goes to Rangers we are left with a declining Murphy and two kids to score goals up front.

If things pan out as they look now, this will rival the 6 weeks of madness of 6 years ago I see Fawaz

Pope John XXIII - 7/1/2018 12:14

We had targets lined up.

Now it's selling players and appointing a manager who a) hasnt the experience to assess the squad quickly, b) has no realistic chance of having time to spend any money and c) is used to his best players being sold without replacement. Not successful in that of course, but used to it.

Fawaz

A new manager may not know as much about our current players, but you would hope that Clough and Heckingbottom know as much about this league as MW. Surely anyone hoping to be a manager in this league would also have an in depth assessment of all available players. Not having a team to prepare each week should give them plenty of time to build their own player files.

i am a tree - 7/1/2018 12:54

you´re deluded or still pissed from xmas

Pope John XXIII - 7/1/2018 12:14

i am a tree - 7/1/2018 11:54

The comment is more aimed at the style of window so far.

We had targets lined up.

Meanwhile, Olympiacos have a new manager and are making signings

And of Cummings goes to Rangers we are left with a declining Murphy and two kids to score goals up front.

If things pan out as they look now, this will rival the 6 weeks of madness of 6 years ago I see Fawaz

Not good at all. I've always been wary of this fat Greek. He could be another asset stripper. We'll see.

Has he taken out £100m against the club and put a stupidly good infrastructure in place just to waste money and make us bankrupt whilst simultaneously pocketing the £100m?

Can't see Cummings going just yet. Anyone needs a season to settle in too a team. If he is still out of match squad next season then perhaps. Same with Clough.

Worral. England U20 captain. Plenty of scope to develop. Kept two present England forwards quiet for most of the game. Worth more than £8M. What two defenders at £4M a piece are you thinking will take his place? Name them. They will not be close to JW as he is now. We do need one of those £4M CD's to play alongside Worrall as Mancienne is only effective if not against a big striker like Rudi Gesteede.

Need 3 players. Big CD, left back and cover for Vaughan.

So if Karanka joins does this pave the way for Adam Clayton to come in? Exactly the kind of player we need...