The Unai Emery Thread | Page 234 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Who in their right mind would want to take over at manure. This is why it will be someone like Southgate that gets the job.
Lots of big jobs open and few good managers to go around.

Bayern, Milan, United, Barca, Liverpool and Juve as well I think.

Seems nailed on De Zerbi will go to Liverpool, you know its made Gasperini at Atalanta isn't getting a look in anywhere he's the sort of coach United should go for or Fonseca. But they won't, the name isn't big enough and they'll want more control than INEOS will allow.

Rangnick is now being discussed at Bayern after Nagelsman fucked them. Rara Marquez is being lined up by Barca. Thiago Motta probably ends up at one of the Italian giants, pity he isn't doing an Alonso.

Who in their right mind would want to take over at manure. This is why it will be someone like Southgate that gets the job.
think they'd be a decent punt for a half decent manager tbh - presuming they have the cash to spend (and to boot the wasters they have) it wouldn't take much to improve them. Given the shambles they are now bit of a free hit for the next one.
Suspect (and fingers crossed it goes to absolute shit) the dippers next manager is doomed to fail after bingo (and his relative slight success). Think Alonso was smart enough to give it the swerve for that reason - hopefully they bring the genius that is stevie g in

Last edited:
think they'd be a decent punt for a half decent manager tbh - presuming they have the cash to spend (and to boot the wasters they have) it wouldn't take much to improve them. Given the shambles they are now bit of a free hit for the next one.
Suspect (and fingers crossed it goes to absolute shit) the dippers next manager is doomed to fail after bingo (and his realtive slight success). Think Alonso was smart enough to give it the swerve for that reason - hopefully they bring the genius that is stevie g in

The problem they're going to get is Ratcliffe wants to run everything and no top manager will put up with that.

Lots of big jobs open and few good managers to go around.

Bayern, Milan, United, Barca, Liverpool and Juve as well I think.

Seems nailed on De Zerbi will go to Liverpool, you know its made Gasperini at Atalanta isn't getting a look in anywhere he's the sort of coach United should go for or Fonseca. But they won't, the name isn't big enough and they'll want more control than INEOS will allow.

Rangnick is now being discussed at Bayern after Nagelsman fucked them. Rara Marquez is being lined up by Barca. Thiago Motta probably ends up at one of the Italian giants, pity he isn't doing an Alonso.

I don't remember a season when there were so many top jobs available. The merry-go-round is going to be in overdrive.

I don't remember a season when there were so many top jobs available. The merry-go-round is going to be in overdrive.
A couple of decades ago before the money these clubs would just drop off for a while and some random club would have their time to shine. Like Sampdoria would win one or Torino would win a couple of things. Thiago Motta is going to leave Bologna but in an alternate history, he stays on and they compete with Inter. Money has fucked that a little bit.

I remain highly confident in Unai and the owners though. Lads like Arne Slot might come into Liverpool and they'll do good, he is a good coach but he isn't Unai. The top 3 coaches in the league will be Pep, Unai and Arteta.

We truly have the perfect coach for us at the perfect time. I think if we get UCL football it'll be the first keystone. The foundation was set in the first season, this year he has built some good walls but we need something to tie it all together so we can build the next floor.

A couple of decades ago before the money these clubs would just drop off for a while and some random club would have their time to shine. Like Sampdoria would win one or Torino would win a couple of things. Thiago Motta is going to leave Bologna but in an alternate history, he stays on and they compete with Inter. Money has fucked that a little bit.

I remain highly confident in Unai and the owners though. Lads like Arne Slot might come into Liverpool and they'll do good, he is a good coach but he isn't Unai. The top 3 coaches in the league will be Pep, Unai and Arteta.

We truly have the perfect coach for us at the perfect time. I think if we get UCL football it'll be the first keystone. The foundation was set in the first season, this year he has built some good walls but we need something to tie it all together so we can build the next floor.

We have a huge opportunity.

Liverpool will take a while to regroup after Klopp. I'm convinced Salah is going to Saudi in the summer too.

It will be a few seasons before Utd get back to competing.

I suspect Arsenal will implode next season. I think Arteta is a nearly man and the fans will turn.

It looks like Newcastle's project has stalled.

It won't all be plain sailing but there is a gap opening for us.

Liverpool will take a while to regroup after Klopp. I'm convinced Salah is going to Saudi in the summer too.

I suspect Arsenal will implode next season. I think Arteta is a nearly man and the fans will turn.

There’s a pathway, a very narrow pathway, opening up. It won’t be open very long and there’s no guarantee we can stay on it to Nirvana, but it is an opportunity to stake our claim. Lots of things need to keep happening though that are out of our control - Manure and Chelski continuing to stall. Plop and Arse treading water, Newcastle not being able to stay on the path etc etc.

Wes Edens & Nassef Sawiris want Unai Emery’s tenure at Aston Villa to replicate the authority & longevity Arsène Wenger & Sir Alex Ferguson had — Emery feels the same, too. @J_Tanswell #avfc

The media/ ‘top six’ will be devastated…us…absolutely delighted! If he’s here that long, we’ll be winning plenty!

Wes Edens & Nassef Sawiris want Unai Emery’s tenure at Aston Villa to replicate the authority & longevity Arsène Wenger & Sir Alex Ferguson had — Emery feels the same, too. @J_Tanswell #avfc

The media/ ‘top six’ will be devastated…us…absolutely delighted! If he’s here that long, we’ll be winning plenty!

That's funny because I feel the same as my mates Wes and Nas.

Chelsea and Manu look doomed to be honest. Their reign is over.

I'd be wary of writing Utd off. They have such huge financial clout that they can turn it around with a much better manager.

Chelsea are toast.
I wouldn’t be writing anyone off, especially as we’re playing Chelsea this weekend. Money still talks in this game and usually is a good pointer to finishing position. While both the above have been inconsistent (to say the least) this season, they both have deep squads and the money to invest further. Just happy with our own form, but recognise we’ve lost twice to Yanited and once to Chelsea at Villa park in the cup.

I'd be wary of writing Utd off. They have such huge financial clout that they can turn it around with a much better manager.

Chelsea are toast.
I'd be wary about writing any of them off TBF.

- Chelsea? Yeah, this group of players will be like the United group. Managers will keep going for a payday but they're not going to get anywhere because the players think they're bigger than the club, the manager, and their teammates.
- Liverpool is a tricky one, typically anyone going in after a beloved long-term manager is fucked but Liverpool still has quality. Starting XI needs major surgery.
- United, depends entirely on the managerial appointment. If they appoint Tuchel they'll immediately get better but Southgate is the dream. In spite of what is said about Bayern, they are still performing better than all the post-Pep coaches under Tuchel and they're in a UCL semi-final. His record under Chelsea is x10 better than Poch and Potter with more or less the same group.