The Unai Emery Thread | Page 118 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

He really gets it doesn’t he! We really have got ourselves a gem.

via @greggevans40. Unai Emery was asked about NSWE being in town, but replied: "The supporters here are the owners of the club. They're the owners of the club, really. Nassef and Wes are here respecting our supporters. We have to be together to do something."

The apparent greatest ever Villa manager was George Ramsey with a win % of 49.95.
Unai is about 57% in a harder league.
Early days I know but you can only do what's in front of you.

3rd in the table based on games since he arrived. There was a debate about whether or not Gerrard was underachieving with the squad we have and the answer seems pretty clear to me at this point.

I said in the match thread that I'm excited to see what we can achieve after a summer window where he's given good backing. That added on to more time with the players he wants to keep and improve Coul make next season a special one.

He really gets it doesn’t he! We really have got ourselves a gem.

via @greggevans40. Unai Emery was asked about NSWE being in town, but replied: "The supporters here are the owners of the club. They're the owners of the club, really. Nassef and Wes are here respecting our supporters. We have to be together to do something."
Never leave Unai! :bow:

Gotta make the most of these moments as they sadly nowadays don’t last forever. Normally about 2 years! :eek::cry:.

3 years seems to be the cycle, in my time watching Villa anyway. I think the only ones to last longer in that time are MON, who we should have got rid of after 3 years anyway and Big Ron who got sacked partway through his 4th season with us in a relegation dogfight.

3 years seems to be the cycle, in my time watching Villa anyway. I think the only ones to last longer in that time are MON, who we should have got rid of after 3 years anyway and Big Ron who got sacked partway through his 4th season with us in a relegation dogfight.

Think it's 2 years the recognised average Premier league tenure nowadays.

Think it's 2 years the recognised average Premier league tenure nowadays.

Its probably less than that for us over the last decade to be fair. Only Smith has actually made 3 years on that time, because he was the only one to deserve it.

Obviously my mind is still stuck in the pre 2010 era where between Big Ron and the arrival of Houllier only Graham Taylors second spell had less than 3 years.

Lads, I think we probably have the best manager in the world. He managed PSG and Arsenal but he's also managed, Sevilla and Villareal, we are somewhere in between and he's found his perfect club and we have found our perfect manager.

Now you say what about Pep and Klopp etc well most of the so-called top managers haven't achieved anything at clubs where they can't buy top players Pep has only managed top clubs and Man City.

Unai is the real deal he has done it at every club

Strange.
Probably me.
But it felt like we were stuck with Lambert for 4 years to me???