The Unai Emery Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Unai Emery Thread

Former Aston Villa striker Chris Sutton speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live: "Unai Emery may come in but I still think that the expectation is still so great on any Villa manager who comes in because of the past and the history. I think it's a tough job for him, I really do. The Villa job is not an easy one."

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher speaking on Sky Sports: "A fantastic appointment, I am a huge fan. He had a lot of his success with teams just below the elite. Maybe it didn't go quite that well with Arsenal, but you have seen what he has done with Villarreal, he was brilliant at Valencia. I don't think he is the type of manager for Barcelona or Real Madrid - the really superstar clubs - but Aston Villa are perfect. He would be a super coach for Aston Villa."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63379963

Former Aston Villa striker Chris Sutton speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live: "Unai Emery may come in but I still think that the expectation is still so great on any Villa manager who comes in because of the past and the history. I think it's a tough job for him, I really do. The Villa job is not an easy one."

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher speaking on Sky Sports: "A fantastic appointment, I am a huge fan. He had a lot of his success with teams just below the elite. Maybe it didn't go quite that well with Arsenal, but you have seen what he has done with Villarreal, he was brilliant at Valencia. I don't think he is the type of manager for Barcelona or Real Madrid - the really superstar clubs - but Aston Villa are perfect. He would be a super coach for Aston Villa."

Like I said cockwomble

never a bad thing to remind yourself of what a massive bellend carragher is,
absolute fuckwit.

breathe of fresh air getting rid of that dipper charlatan, icing on the cake this move

Fair play to the owners….they haven’t buggered about have they. Potentially a really good fit for us and a top coach with bags of experience and plenty of trophies under his belt.
Welcome Unai…..and Man Utd at home first game….what a night that could be. From the depths of despair last week to this…! Chuffed to bloody bits!