The "U"s vs the "W"s | Vital Football

The "U"s vs the "W"s

moonay

Vital Football Legend
The "U"s? The bloody "U"s???!!!

Yep. That's their nickname. That, along with the (slightly less interesting) "Yellows". Oxford eh! I thought they'd have been a little more creative.

Any road, I'm sticking to the science again. Given the obvious relationship, I'm going for a win to us ...... buy twice as many goals as they score.

1-2. ....... 2-4, .........3-6 .......... though I doubt it will be 4-8.

Thank you science.

Hope they've got decent pitch covers or undersoil heating, - 5 tomorrow night and wont get above freezing on Saturday. Without either, not a chance the game's being played

They've got three stands for god's sake, no chance a tinpot club like that will have any undersoil heating. Match postponed!

They've got three stands for god's sake, no chance a tinpot club like that will have any undersoil heating. Match postponed!

Just out of interest, how many "stands" would you say we had at Springfield Park?

(Fractions are allowed in the answer !).

They don't...
1 end of the ground completely open to the elements too, which isn't good news.
You have to hope they have some decent covers (and possibly heat lamps too), otherwise there's no chance.

2 and1/8 for some of the time :rolleyes::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
2 and a cow shed

I'm going for 5 sixths and a cowshed:

A full (but for only one third the length) main stand. .............2/6 ............ 8/24
A full length, (but only half the depth) St Andrews stand .....3/6 ...........12/24
The cow shed ...........................................................................................1/8 ............3/24

Which actually makes 23/24ths.

Who's tinpot now .......or rather, then ?! :grinning:

I remember the Cow Shed at Newtown, had some good times in there.
Can anyone remember all the names that place had over the years? :unsure:

Just a bit of Friday fun.

Not sure pushing it back 24 hours will make much difference, if I'm being honest.
The temperature isn't going to rise significantly enough to thaw out a frozen pitch.

I'm going for 5 sixths and a cowshed:

A full (but for only one third the length) main stand. .............2/6 ............ 8/24
A full length, (but only half the depth) St Andrews stand .....3/6 ...........12/24
The cow shed ...........................................................................................1/8 ............3/24

Which actually makes 23/24ths.

Who's tinpot now .......or rather, then ?! :grinning:
Serious question - the away end where said cowshed was located was called the Shevington End - anyone know why ? always puzzled me as surely it should have been the Beech Hill end 😉🤣

Serious question - the away end where said cowshed was located was called the Shevington End - anyone know why ? always puzzled me as surely it should have been the Beech Hill end 😉🤣

Just beyond Beech Hill, and before Shevvy, is of course Standish Lower Ground. It could have been called the SLaG (Heap) End !

Shevington is/was behind that end though some miles, beech Hill was behind the St Andrews Road side. To be more accurate it should have perhaps been known as the Gathurst End.