The transfer window has 'slammed shut', but have Villa missed a trick? | Page 3 | Vital Football

The transfer window has 'slammed shut', but have Villa missed a trick?

I think we are missing the fact that we have two players for most positions but Strikers we have 3 players. (We've also got 4 keepers 3 of which are full internationals)
Now you might say the other two strikers aren't good enough but that goes for other positions too.
Could you really swap Lansbury for Jack and Hourihane for SJM without seriously weakening the side? I don't think so. Dougie and Jota might be a better option,
We've probably got 15 decent players then we are down to the Taylors etc.
Come Jan we can upgrade some more without pissing off the ones we want to keep.

I excpect Deano to recognise those who are not good enough and react quickly. We are heading into the unknown, as we were in 2016. I enjoyed that journey and hope for the same with this one.

I think we are missing the fact that we have two players for most positions but Strikers we have 3 players. (We've also got 4 keepers 3 of which are full internationals)
Now you might say the other two strikers aren't good enough but that goes for other positions too.
Could you really swap Lansbury for Jack and Hourihane for SJM without seriously weakening the side? I don't think so. Dougie and Jota might be a better option,

Agree with much of that 57, but to be fair, having to replace Super Jack and Super John would weaken any team. Some think Lansbury has more in his locker than he's shown so far, although, with all due respect, I am not among them.

There is no question the squad as a whole is in better shape now than it was a year ago, but maybe the money spent on Targett (for instance, not judging the lad just yet) and Marvelous (or Luiz) could have been better spent on another striker?

Time will tell!!

Agree with much of that 57, but to be fair, having to replace Super Jack and Super John would weaken any team. Some think Lansbury has more in his locker than he's shown so far, although, with all due respect, I am not among them.

There is no question the squad as a whole is in better shape now than it was a year ago, but maybe the money spent on Targett (for instance, not judging the lad just yet) and Marvelous (or Luiz) could have been better spent on another striker?

Time will tell!!
Tammy got lots of games with poor service last season, Hogan never got any service, Kodjia made stuff happen when at his best but looked lost with no service.

Every great manager has said build from the back - which is what we have attempted to do. 10mil on Hogan was "wasted".

I'm trying to say that the majority of expensive strikers don't live up to their billing. DS is definitely looking at goals from everywhere, not an all or nothing striker.

I think as some have written, we already have enough up front to play the Smith way, including good enough back up, Koj,
Just can't believe some of the opening panic posts to this topic that I have read.
Isn't it amazing how different we see the same thing?
Ruined all the other previous summer work, Could cost Smith his job Up to we have enough quality already, Smith only plays one striker, not a problem.
Don't you just love people????

Mine's golden but you wouldn't guess that everytime she comes in from the garden!

Good read JPA, not sure I'm as concerned about up top as others, but we'll soon find out!

No just a bog-standard 1.8 civic with magic seats which are perfect for the Dogs.
Bought it while I did the Lexus up but it's just so good I've kept it. I'll have a type R next and relive my youth!
I thought you'd be a Jaaaaaagwaar man myself.

I hear you sir and fully agree.
my Jack Russel is more loving and loyal than the wife and kids together.
That dog has got me through more rough patches than a tractor.??
This does beg the question, why is there a tractor in your bedroom?

People will be pleased to know thats my last pathetic joke of the night, I'm about to pass out in bed!