The Tottenham Five Point Plan for this Season | Vital Football

The Tottenham Five Point Plan for this Season

muttley

Alert Team
Interesting read from the Four-Four-Two team in the August Edition.

Full article here - https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...iction-can-daniel-levy-rebuild-his-reputation

Gonna focus on their 5 points plan.....love number 4.

1 Stop losing leads
Mourinho’s Chelsea were experts in protecting a lead. His Tottenham were not. Too often, they played fearful football; rather than attempting to extend their advantage, they invited pressure and conceded. Second in the first-half table and 10th after the interval, Spurs lost 23 points from winning positions last term. Add those back and they would have been a solitary point behind champions Manchester City. The club need a new mentality now.

2 Find a centre-back partnership
Jose’s subtle-as-a-brick hints that he wanted better defenders may have been a cause of cautious tactics, but his inability to forge a sturdy alliance wasn’t entirely new. Toby Alderweireld has left, Joe Rodon is promising but raw, Davinson Sanchez had spells out of favour and Eric Dier was dropped by England. Solidity should help to improve on 2020/21’s poor away record.

3 Get Dele back
Remember when Dele Alli scored 18 Premier League goals in a season? Last term he played 619 league minutes – and 385 of them were under Ryan Mason. Marginalising that talent has accomplished next to nothing and proved a counterproductive waste, so rehabilitating him is key, along with Ryan Sessegnon.

4 Pick (at least) two enigmas
Giovani Lo Celso played well during 2019/20 and Tanguy Ndombele last term, but rarely did they together. Before either were signed, Alli was a talisman. The problem – certainly for Mourinho, who struggled to accommodate more than one – is that they like to operate in similar areas. Nuno’s challenge is to find a formation that utilises more of their talents.

5 Start sharing the goals around
Kane (23), Son Heung-min (17) and on-loan Bale (11) scored 75 per cent of Spurs’ total goals last season. The drop off to Lucas Moura and Ndombele (three each) is marked and, with much uncertainty around Kane, Son can’t pick up all the slack. Time for a gifted squad to step up.

Point 1 has traumatised me. Jose and his stupid dumb tactics and subs, why did you have to bring it up again?!!!!

Where would we have finished with 23 extra points, no no no no, I can't think about it anymore!

:censor::taz::taz::punch:
Well, if it makes it any easier, we still wouldn't have finished only 1 point behind City with those 23 points because every club lost winning leads. They didn't lose as many as us though.

So can we add Bryan Gil to the Enigma list?

I think 4 should be - pick your enigmas to prove that they're actually not enigmas after all.

Dele hasn't played anything like an enigma in pre-season. More a hard working midfielder with a touch of class about him. He was almost getting boring :LOL:

Building the spine of the team and getting shot of the tripe must be the objectives.

Sadly we are still miles away from achieving either.

Come the City game we will see our weakest 1st 11 in probably a decade. Zero new signings ready and minus our best ever Premier League striker.

Once the new boys are ready I hope they strengthen our 1st 11 and address some of the issues but it will be a big ask.

I am glad people are seeing this now. I thought when we appointed him he was finished. I thought I was going mad when I kept saying to anyone who was listening that he was going to set us back years. Ex could see it but was being more pragmatic than me.
Well he lied through hiis teeth when he said he'd changed. The way he deceived everybody showed what a complete **** he was.

Getting rid of Jose achieved all of that five point plan in one fell swoop.
Everything from that list is down to him .
He should have been arrested for bringing our great club into disrepute .

Roma’s time to find out now .

He was cracking up at manure , I said he would get sacked before that last season was out , …..Ex wasn’t having it ……

How he lasted with is for so long I don’t know , he must go down as our worst manager ever , even worse than Christian Gross.
He hasn’t been at Roma five minutes and he is cracking up in friendly matches , getting sent off for thinking an opponent scored a dodgy goal. ….. FFS .

Enigmas ……… look no further !

Getting rid of Jose achieved all of that five point plan in one fell swoop.
Everything from that list is down to him .
He should have been arrested for bringing our great club into disrepute .

Roma’s time to find out now .

He was cracking up at manure , I said he would get sacked before that last season was out , …..Ex wasn’t having it ……

How he lasted with is for so long I don’t know , he must go down as our worst manager ever , even worse than Christian Gross.
He hasn’t been at Roma five minutes and he is cracking up in friendly matches , getting sent off for thinking an opponent scored a dodgy goal. ….. FFS .

Enigmas ……… look no further !
I'll hold my hand up. I was well & truly suckered.

Sorry but dele was pump before JM dropped him. His attitude and application were both turd. I feel there is more of a chance of him playing well than Ndom though.