The Title Race | Vital Football

The Title Race

BigBadDave

Vital Reserves Team
The title race is going to be very tight this year and despite the media completely dispelling us, we are still in it and will have a lot to say with it. One local rag had the headline, its now a 3 horse race....mmmm, that pissed me off a bit as our name was not even mentioned. Had Spurs won the weekend and we drew, it would be of course be A four horse race. Listen, I've not been drinking but I remember the press doing this with Liecester, "oh they will drop off" etc well, the chances are we won't win it but we should just be cast aside so arrongantly either! Some interesting games coming up a win at home to Utd might just make people have to mention our name. Personally with games in hand, I think City will win it and the likes of Arsenal will self destruct once again, Klopp will end up Crying and hopefully we get a CL spot.

Im gonna have to be realistic, yes on theory we are in the mix but i dont think we have a chance this seasonfor title. City are far too strong and will walk the league now.

I would say 3rd at best and at worst 5th the goals. But lets see alot can happen!

The top three are all under pressure to win the title while we are not, that is one small advantage we have. Being underdogs is another and being dismissed by the media yet another. We are aiming for the top and at this stage I’d be disappointed with anything lower than 5th. Disappointed but not disillusioned. We are building strongly and may be more equipped for the summit next year.

Easy to forget it's Unai's first full season so an improvement on last year's 7th should represent excellent progress.
It does but after being top 4 for most of the season 6th would be gutting and anyone who says otherwise is lying. It's like getting to a cup final, losing and saying oh well at least we got to the final. It doesn't happen, you're gutted.

Easy to forget it's Unai's first full season so an improvement on last year's 7th should represent excellent progress.
Honestly if he finished 7th again it would be disappointing but still an achievement relative to where we were and what we've spent. We shouldn't have finished 7th last year, it was stunning we were able to.

The top three are all under pressure to win the title while we are not, that is one small advantage we have. Being underdogs is another and being dismissed by the media yet another. We are aiming for the top and at this stage I’d be disappointed with anything lower than 5th. Disappointed but not disillusioned. We are building strongly and may be more equipped for the summit next year.
I think City will crush the spirit of Arsenal and Liverpool and they will give it up, Unai will have us in a different frame of mind and we will sneak 2nd

Leicester didn’t have European football in their title season and they went out at the 3rd round in the FA Cup, think that will play a big part in how our season pans out with regard to fatigue, injuries etc.

I've been dreaming of a documentary coming out in late 2024, opening with David Bradley narration and then a ten minute sequence set to Black Sabbath showing all of our history, our recent struggles and near destruction—culminating in our recent title win.

I jest.

In all seriousness, before the game yesterday I really thought it was going to be Liverpool's to lose. Now I think it is City's to lose. But until any one of those teams around us puts an outstanding run together, we could be "in it" rather than "out of it" for longer than anyone dares to dream (apart from me perhaps!).

Really though, 4th would be unbelievable, and if we won a cup as well—incredible.

The United game is huge.

Last edited:
Our games against those around us are what will make the difference and the way we have performed already against those, never write us off, this is going to the death.
yes if we can get something against the top 5 and they all draw games with each other anything can happen. Odds are against us but stranger things happen.

In all likelihood, we all know it probably will be 3 horses, then probably 2 and most boringingly, Man City who apparently can spend whatever they want will win.

But agree, saw on BBC about this 3 horse race. You look at the top 5 or even 6, nothing is impossible, so it is disrespectful.

Then again, watching Man Utd v Hammers yesterday, the commentator said we have the big one coming up later (Arse/Liv) which again, they probably don't mean anything by, but whilst your audience is Man Utd and West Ham fans, ffs, show some dignity and respect!

In all likelihood, we all know it probably will be 3 horses, then probably 2 and most boringingly, Man City who apparently can spend whatever they want will win.

But agree, saw on BBC about this 3 horse race. You look at the top 5 or even 6, nothing is impossible, so it is disrespectful.

Then again, watching Man Utd v Hammers yesterday, the commentator said we have the big one coming up later (Arse/Liv) which again, they probably don't mean anything by, but whilst your audience is Man Utd and West Ham fans, ffs, show some dignity and respect!

I tend to watch a premiership match with the sound muted as I think the commentators are trying out for stand-up gigs after TV fucks them off.

It looks like I'm with the majority of commentators on this thread in thinking the title is City's, if for a slightly different reason.
Yes City have two games in hand, one after tonight but, far more importantly, they have de Bruyne back fit, after missing him for the best part of half a season. They have missed the maestro badly.
I would be delighted with us finishing fifth, if City win the champions league again.