THE TIME HAS COME.. | Page 4 | Vital Football

THE TIME HAS COME..

Does anyone remember playing a couple of games on Springfield Park with the Supporters club. The club let us play at the end of the season and lent us the kit we had the blue shirts with white braces V the white shirts with blue braces, it was around the time Sammy Salt played for us.
Happy days
Remember kids having a kick around on the pitch at half time then getting chased off. Often lads playing footy on the slopes behind both goals.
One daft game we used to play was putting shite in owd lads trilby's. Started with a cig stump then a plastic cup and finish with a pie tray.

Only kicked a ball on it once - after getting tickets for the play off game v City (away) we went through the whole in the back of the away end that the City fans had kicked in the day before
Had a mooch round the ground & some young lads were having a kick about, so I ran on the pitch, nicked the ball off them & went on a darting run towards the Shevvy End. Got to about the penalty spot, went to shoot, stumbled, scuffed my shot, fell flat on my face & the ball trickled wide - the young lads whose ball I'd half inched were pishing themselves at me
Personally I blame all them people who'd nicked divets of turf the day before - the penalty spot was gone & someone had clearly been in with a garden hoe & cut out all the goal line at that end