The Tennis Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Tennis Thread

I ache just watching Murray playing now knowing all the injuries and ops he has had in the last few years . I really don’t know how he is competing at this level.

Full of heart and spirit isn't he, but this'll do wonders for his confidence being pushed like this I think. It's then the fitness side of things although he will now be saving some energy by not shouter belter every time Otte wins a point lol

2nd round.
He knows he has no chance to win the tournament . He is playing for the hell of it. And why not. He has earned the right. And despite everything this is very high level . Top of the elite.

I admire him in a way, he could sit at home and just count his money so fair play he's putting it on the line.
Not in the same class as Federer, Nadal, Jokovich though

He was there fleetingly only. Not the same level over time

Fleetingly?. That’s just not the case. I said earlier in the thread that he was always on average 4th in the top 4 of Federer, Novak and Nadal . But him and the other three were streets ahead of the rest for a period .

Fleetingly?. That’s just not the case. I said earlier in the thread that he was always on average 4th in the top 4 of Federer, Novak and Nadal . But him and the other three were streets ahead of the rest for a period .
not even close , 3 grand slams , the others are all 20

Murray just didn't quite have their consistency. That was the only real difference for me.
or quality. Granted we are talking margins here at the very highest level but those gaps clearly exist hence the grand slam numbers.
He cannot sit alongside the tennis gods of Federer / Nadal / Djokovich
Not even close

I can put that down to the consistency mate when his head goes. As opposed to a real difference in skill or quality.

not even close , 3 grand slams , the others are all 20
11 grand slam finals is one hell of an achievement. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic better than him of course but they are the top three all time greats in the modern era.

Had Murray been born 15 years earlier and had his time in the 90s where the likes of Sampras, Agassi etc dominated Murray would have won over 10 slams.

I don't quite agree with Mike, the big three have more ability than him IMO but again you're talking about the three best to ever grab hold of a racket here.

11 grand slam finals is one hell of an achievement. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic better than him of course but they are the top three all time greats in the modern era.

Had Murray been born 15 years earlier and had his time in the 90s where the likes of Sampras, Agassi etc dominated Murray would have won over 10 slams.

I don't quite agree with Mike, the big three have more ability than him IMO but again you're talking about the three best to ever grab hold of a racket here.

And he has won twice what many consider to be the '5th' grand slam - The Olympic gold medal .