The Sun claims City interest in Winks | Vital Football

The Sun claims City interest in Winks

Spursex

Alert Team
Just what Winks needs; to be yet another sitting on the bench in ManC's midfield sitting around playing in fringe games.

It really does make me laugh, we buy a DM'er and instead of thinking how we can have strength in depth and competition for places, or (please God) see the end of Sissoko, the press conjures up a £40 mill bid for Winks from ManC.

Jose and the coaches have spent almost their whole effort with Winks since they came in on improving the defensive side of his game, whereas it's his forward passing, the incisive forward pass/gamble that he lacks.

I'm glad we have competition in midfield because they will all have to raise their games now, the very last thing we needed now is to only see that new edge be pissed out the window - that way lays the mediocrity, and a lack of silverware and 'close but no cigar yet again...'

Hope this is nonsense and if it isn't nonsense then I hope we dismiss any offer as the nonsense it is. Regardless of your opinions on Harry Winks, we aren't going to get a better starter/back up for that position who is homegrown for less than £40m.

I wonder what Foden thinks of this rumour.

I've always said that, apart from Kane, the player that City might target is Winks. He just suits their style and Pep would take him through the gears. It is inevitably just paper talk though.

I do agree about keeping our best players though. Liverpool win things by operating with a 3 man midfield and can interchange 5 or 6 genuine options. I'd like us to do the same with Hojberg, Winks, Gio, Ndombele, Dele and Gedson.

Winks finished the season strong and if Jose wants Hojberg holding then he should just switch Sissoko with Winks and leave Gio as the 3rd midfielder. Then it's up to the others to earn their shirt.

I've never been sure about him, particularly as regards his passing ability, which is tidy but not particularly effective. He has shown signs of further development since Jose's arrival, whereby I think next season will be critical for him as regards whether he moves forward with us, or moves out. I'd find it surprising if City have a genuine interest in him, he certainly would spend most of his time on the periphery if he went there.

I wouldn't sell Winks, he is Spurs through and through. For the remaining position in midfield alongside PEH and Loco he is up against Ndombele, Sissoko Dele and Gedson in the starting 11.

Dele won't be sold by Jose, Gedson is on loan for another year and is hard to judge so far. Ndombele isn't fancied and Sissoko has little to offer apart from an excellent engine.

That's seven players for three CM positions, therefore we are one over already. Personally I would get rid of two of them (Ndombele & Sissoko) and buy a decent CM that could walk straight in to the team.

Sergej Milinković-Savić from Lazio would be ideal and complete that midfield three. Leaving our rotation options as Winks, Gedson and Dele.

I wouldn't sell Winks, he is Spurs through and through. For the remaining position in midfield alongside PEH and Loco he is up against Ndombele, Sissoko Dele and Gedson in the starting 11.

Dele won't be sold by Jose, Gedson is on loan for another year and is hard to judge so far. Ndombele isn't fancied and Sissoko has little to offer apart from an excellent engine.

That's seven players for three CM positions, therefore we are one over already. Personally I would get rid of two of them (Ndombele & Sissoko) and buy a decent CM that could walk straight in to the team.

Sergej Milinković-Savić from Lazio would be ideal and complete that midfield three. Leaving our rotation options as Winks, Gedson and Dele.

Not many teams would want to come up against Hoji and Savic. That would be an epic combination.

He would cost 60m plus easily. Maybe a swap with Ndombele. lol

Just what Winks needs; to be yet another sitting on the bench in ManC's midfield sitting around playing in fringe games.

It really does make me laugh, we buy a DM'er and instead of thinking how we can have strength in depth and competition for places, or (please God) see the end of Sissoko, the press conjures up a £40 mill bid for Winks from ManC.

Jose and the coaches have spent almost their whole effort with Winks since they came in on improving the defensive side of his game, whereas it's his forward passing, the incisive forward pass/gamble that he lacks.

I'm glad we have competition in midfield because they will all have to raise their games now, the very last thing we needed now is to only see that new edge be pissed out the window - that way lays the mediocrity, and a lack of silverware and 'close but no cigar yet again...'

All depends on who we replace him with ex. Jose might feel that Skipp is the better long term option. They are very similar players. Skipp will probably spend next season on loan then come back into the squad. If we get £40m+ for Winks and that allows Jose to reshape the squad, i’d have no problem.

We wont sell Winks. No chance. If Jose has told Winks he is in his plans then Winks won't want to leave either.

£40m. Do one, money cheats. Make it a £100m.

Trevor Sinclair cracked me up earlier on Talksport.

He was just like " well if City want him they will get him". Winks is a Spurs boy, so it's not as simple as that.

We wont sell Winks. No chance. If Jose has told Winks he is in his plans then Winks won't want to leave either.

£40m. Do one, money cheats. Make it a £100m.
I have my doubts that he can truly step up but i'll be damned if i'd let him go on the cheap to a competitor. Even if he doesn't he'd still be an asset as a squad player.

50M and I'd be tempted.

I value what Winks does highly but he needs to be in a team that suite him. And spurs under Jose he'll always be a square peg imo.

Let's be honest this is utter crap Winks is not good enough for Man city and is not worth 40 mill. That is what the press thinks of us . We sign a player for 15 mill to get rid off a 40 mill player.
I have not posted for a while because I have nothing good to say about the direction we are going in . I had to post on this people on here are saying what s top player we have signed in Hojbjerg to better our team so why sell someone who is rated better than what we signed. Just a joke thats how far we have fallen that we sign average to replace good utter bollocks

Alright we've had a season to forget. A manager change, an injury crisis & the pandemic. Considering we still finished top 6 whilst maintaining top 4 form after the lockdown, it says an awful lot about the squad's character, so as far as i can see we're far from being bollocks.

Kind of depends on what our ambition is at Spurs. If we are looking to get back into the top 4 regularly and challenge for title and cups...we will need better than Winks. I like Winks...but I don't exactly think he is going to drive us to the next level...

Maybe keep him to be a decent option off the bench...

If City offer $40-50M...I would rip their flipping arms off!

The only reason I would try to keep Winks right now is that we are just starting our rebuild...and he can help bridge the gap.