The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 387 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I waited late in the day for my bullshit rumour this year! I remember when I did the Ruud van Nistelrooy front page wind up and it got repeated as a serious rumour. I'd mentioned his girlfriend being spotted in the fashion boutiques of aston, you would think that might have been a giveaway!

Short conversation apparently. Got out of the car, walked over to pep, leaned gently in towards him and whispered into his ear...

..."we're coming for you"

And then drove off, bumping into every parked car on his way out.

Must of hopped out quick if he still had his wheels.

Twitter talk is that Rashica to Bayer couldn't be completed before the 5pm deadline... Funny if true 😂 guess we've got this all again till January

I'm hoping in January we'll clean ourselves up a bit if we don't have time this window, Nyland, Kalinic, Lansbury, El Ghazi, Elmohamady and Taylor out, bring in someone like Rico Henry competition for Targett and another winger.

2 in 6 out really frees up some space and then you can look for that striker, we're slowly getting there and at some point it's got to happen to fully establish ourselves back in the Premiership with competition all over.
Really important not to destabilise the squad mid season but wouldn’t be against a couple out and a couple of squad improvements in January to tidy up a few gaps

Really important not to destabilise the squad mid season but wouldn’t be against a couple out and a couple of squad improvements in January to tidy up a few gaps

I get that but most of those players aren't fit to wear the shirt and we saw that against Stoke's reserves.

You really wouldn't want any of them close to your first 11 apart from Hause/Steer/Jacob

My shout?

A seasoned pro who can play LB or RB for a couple of years - it has to be the sensible play surely?

We've got time to raid Rico Henry for LB up until the 16th, I can't see us getting a RB in and we'll keep ELM for the season which could be his last at 33 and then look at the position next summer.

I hope Smith knows what he’s doing. Now, we’ve won three out of three I hear you all cry, and that we have. HOWEVER, I personally believe we are short in certain areas. If Watkins gets injured then we’re stuffed up front. Please don’t say we have Davis as you will never convince me that he’s good. He’s NOT. Quite frankly he’s shite and I cannot fathom how he got a new contract. We are also short at left back. Taylor is too easy to outmuscle and not PL quality. Targett in my opinion isn’t much better either. Might be half decent going forward but defensively he’s not great and he’s made of glass. I’d be happy searching for a new left back if I’m honest. Centre Half position another area although I hope Engels makes it as Hause fills me with dread each time he gets the ball, similar to Davis and nowhere near good enough. I’ll wade in on the Rashica debate and say I’d love him at Villa Park and can play as a central striker too, but if he wants to be a greedy bastard then that’s up to him.

Last edited:
When it's this quiet in the transfer window it normally means we're working on getting players out rather than getting one in, Perhaps letting clubs panic buy and then raid the Championship for those last few gems that are hungry to compete.