The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 235 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Lille are trying to raise cash and are prepared to let Boubakary Soumare go.

Young highly rated defensive midfielder.

Lille are trying to raise cash and are prepared to let Boubakary Soumare go.

Young highly rated defensive midfielder.

Sort of like the Matty Cash deal I dont see it as a priority but at the same time we shipped 50 or 60 goals last year so I would take him.

Another thing that struck me today whilst considering all things Aston Villa. The players we have got or are linked to this transfer window appear to be more like " Dean Smith " players? Cash,Watkins and Wilson. I was wondering if he is now having a lot more of the input on choices / targets. Hmm.

Another thing that struck me today whilst considering all things Aston Villa. The players we have got or are linked to this transfer window appear to be more like " Dean Smith " players? Cash,Watkins and Wilson. I was wondering if he is now having a lot more of the input on choices / targets. Hmm.

well I hope so because then its ultimately down to him and there cannot be excuses.... I’ve never liked directors of football being in charge of selecting players. Sure players need to fit into the clubs strategy and data modelling but if that’s a match then the manager should get the players he wants. I couldn’t imagine being in business and managing a team but I couldnt recruit the people I wanted.... seems madness!

I've been making the case for both to be signed. I think if we only sign Watkins or Wilson it places a lot of pressure on them to succeed and it ends up looking like a risky venture.

If we sign both then the risk goes down and we have real competition upfront. For me I'd also be getting both to send a message to Wesley that we're not waiting around for him to get up to speed. Its not a message of no belief, its a 'get fit and get better' message.

Also odd we'd have 3 strikers with W last names.

I tend to agree - this round of buying should be as much about improving the bench as it is the first team as they'll help keep the players who start games "honest".

well I hope so because then its ultimately down to him and there cannot be excuses.... I’ve never liked directors of football being in charge of selecting players. Sure players need to fit into the clubs strategy and data modelling but if that’s a match then the manager should get the players he wants. I couldn’t imagine being in business and managing a team but I couldnt recruit the people I wanted.... seems madness!
Exactly this. By all means take advice from those who have your ear...but ultimately the gaffer should be in charge of the hiring and firing. Then at least we all know who should be held accountable if things go tits up

Talk was they were flogging Diangana to fund Benrahma and that made no sense to me given Diangana's promise.

Transfer related enough for a couple of posts mate. Good point about putting that Tweet in other discussion thread though!