The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

What about going for Ibrahimovic i know he is getting in years but still knows where the net is scored 52 from 56 game for la galaxy and 7 from 16 for AC milan and is out of contract and would raise our profile. and might tempt grealish to stay.

Isnt he on about £300k a week. No way we would pay that much

I dont mind picking up 1 maybe 2 championship players, but we really need to be aiming our sights higher this summer. Whilst I'd like us to get players with PL experience, it seems that you have to pay double for anyone already here. It's probably more realistic to expect a couple of big signings coming in from Europe (preferably one of the better leagues)

I've seen him play left wing, in the exact same sort of role Grealish played for us this season but you're probably right, one of my good friends is a QPR fan and he reckons he can play anywhere along the front three or sat in a number 10 role. I was also gutted we didnt get Bowen, what a signing that could have been.
Agree about Bowen but my itk says Dean(not Smith ATM) thought there was better value elsewhere. Would love Bowen at Villa,plenty of energy and an eye for goal. Guess that ship has sailed.Che Adams,mate suggested but not convinced.

I think we need at least one of our signing to be a top marquee player we need to show the rest of the prem we are back.

If money is tight then I’d strengthen the spine with three quality signings. Centre half, tough midfielder who can complement Jack and a goal scorer. Any money left over for a winger.
I’m assuming we keep our four best players.

Birmingham Live is reporting we've set aside 'significant funds' to improve our striker position(s).

All I hope is that DS recognises the fact we have to play 2 up front. With that in mind, I'd go for Tammy plus one, possibly Rashica, though Chris Wood is a good shout. Keep Wesley, but release/sell Davis and Samatta.

We'd then have three good forwards competing for 2 places plus the likes of Barry on the bench too.

I'm not convinced Tammy will be coming. Are Chelsea going to get rid when Giroud is knocking on a bit now and Werner can play wide forward, not just down the middle.
Dembele from Lyon could be worth a shout. Probably be a similar fee to Tammy (£40m?) and has played in UK before, so shouldnt take months for him to get used to the PL

Anyone we want from Swansea - Brentford is looking less likely now lol

Gallacher & Guehi (both on loan from Chelsea & England U21) were impressive tonight, I thought. Brewster will be a very good player although Liverpool won’t sell him. Maybe a season long loan? Him, Wesley and Tammy (or someone else who can score!) wouldn’t be a bad strike force.

Birmingham Live is reporting we've set aside 'significant funds' to improve our striker position(s).

All I hope is that DS recognises the fact we have to play 2 up front. With that in mind, I'd go for Tammy plus one, possibly Rashica, though Chris Wood is a good shout. Keep Wesley, but release/sell Davis and Samatta.

We'd then have three good forwards competing for 2 places plus the likes of Barry on the bench too.

The man is not going to play with two upfront, the switch to a 3 man backline was a red herring. He was desperado when he did that earlier in the year.

Aaaaargh. Just found myself reading Sky's transfer centre !!!!!

Apparently Palace have slapped a £100 million price tag on Zaha , which if true (unlikely) would mean surely that Super Jack would be worth more.

"Several" Premier League clubs are after Jack as well . How many is several ?

In summary it is all bull****.

Being linked to Icheano from Leicester I've seen today. We were linked in January as well so probably more recycling going on. Mind you it might be worth signing him just to stop him scoring against us.

I'm not convinced Tammy will be coming. Are Chelsea going to get rid when Giroud is knocking on a bit now and Werner can play wide forward, not just down the middle.
Dembele from Lyon could be worth a shout. Probably be a similar fee to Tammy (£40m?) and has played in UK before, so shouldnt take months for him to get used to the PL
Dembele a yes from me. Also be interesting to test the water with a bid for odsonne edouard from Celtic, his record is actually better than dembele's was. Price of around £35m which isnt astronomical these days.

Arsenal were after him, but he has said he wants to stay at Celtic. Would the offer of more guaranteed game time than arsenal tempt him?

Being linked to Icheano from Leicester I've seen today. We were linked in January as well so probably more recycling going on. Mind you it might be worth signing him just to stop him scoring against us.
Signed apparently 3 year contract