The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 33 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Is Snodgrass getting a regular game for Wet Spam? If not, get him in, make him captain. Not a silky smooth player but he truly cared and worked his bollocks off every single game. Leads by example and isn't afraid to voice his opinion when needed.

Moyes was picking him to begin with but seems to have slipped behind Bowen and Yarmolenko in the pecking order. We will need a few experienced heads to help get us back up again. It might not have been a wise idea to let Chester go in hindsight, he could probably still do a job at that level

Moyes was picking him to begin with but seems to have slipped behind Bowen and Yarmolenko in the pecking order. We will need a few experienced heads to help get us back up again. It might not have been a wise idea to let Chester go in hindsight, he could probably still do a job at that level

get Albert and lewis Grabban in as well it worked last time oh hang on no it didn't

get Albert and lewis Grabban in as well it worked last time oh hang on no it didn't
I'm sure Swansea have a couple of reserves they could send us on loan for next season. Then we could complete a hat-trick of players sent back from loans from the same club before the loan actually ended....

He’s made 12 appearances for Stoke since he joined them on 31st Jan which I believe is every game. We’d be mad to not bring him back.

I’d also jump at the chance to bring Snodgrass back on loan or if available on a relatively cheap transfer. Perhaps couldn’t rely solely on him due to his age but he’s shown in the past he’s a good championship player

Think snoddy is 33 this year, it would be the same story, get him in for one season and then he'd need to be replaced.
But I'd like to see what happens with Chester, we could do worse than give him a 1 year extension.

He’s made 12 appearances for Stoke since he joined them on 31st Jan which I believe is every game. We’d be mad to not bring him back.

I’d also jump at the chance to bring Snodgrass back on loan or if available on a relatively cheap transfer. Perhaps couldn’t rely solely on him due to his age but he’s shown in the past he’s a good championship player

Think we really need to move on esp Chester
a quick glance at a Stoke forum :
"There is so much crap to sort out right through the club. Chester simply shouldn’t play for us again"
and that's one of the more balanced tbh.

I presume if our owners are serious then we don't have to sell anyone we don't want to and still should be able to add quality if we can sort out the manager and recruitment.
I hope they already have a plan and put it into action as soon as possible.

doubt it tbh

Think snoddy is 33 this year, it would be the same story, get him in for one season and then he'd need to be replaced.
But I'd like to see what happens with Chester, we could do worse than give him a 1 year extension.
The one thing about Snoddy is that he isn't reliant on pace or acceleration - he could play at championship level for a few years. Same with Chester if his knee holds up. Centre-backs have a longer shelf-life and can easily play into their late 30's.

Chester was class. With set pieces up the other end he was a real threat. One thing about our current CBs is they just don't seem to do it the other end.

Chester doesn't fit DS's idea of centre backs. Engels probably doesn't either. But both could do a job for us next season, besides which DS is unlikely to be here.

Think we really need to move on esp Chester
a quick glance at a Stoke forum :
"There is so much crap to sort out right through the club. Chester simply shouldn’t play for us again"
and that's one of the more balanced tbh.

I presume if our owners are serious then we don't have to sell anyone we don't want to and still should be able to add quality if we can sort out the manager and recruitment.
I hope they already have a plan and put it into action as soon as possible.

doubt it tbh
I think Chester would be adequate as back up to Konsa and Hause. I am not sure on our transfer budget position after we blew all of our premier league money on the garbage bought in last summer and I also think there’s so much to be said for stability rather than this endless overhauling of the first team every 1 or 2 seasons

James Chester is sadly a spent force I wish him well but he's gone, we need to stop romancing some of these players who are now past their sell-by we aren't suddenly going to revert to has beens and loan players, that has been made quite clear.
I really don't know what will happen but all our players are on contracts and will only be going if we receive massive bids for them or they act the currant to get a move and that would actually shoot themselves in the foot

Chester was a great player for us, glad he's getting some game time for Stoke. Watched a bit of them in the background the other day VS Leeds, didnt think to look out for him. They lost 5-0.

Yes unfortunately I think Chester will never be the same player after his injury. Possibly not even top championship level let alone premier league. He put his body on the line for this club though when we only had him and Tuanzebe so I'll never have a bad word to say about the guy.

Heaton (c)
Guilbert Konsa Mings Targett
Nakamba
McGinn Douglas
(RW/LW?) Wesley El Ghazi

Steer, (RB/LB?), Hause, (CM?), (CM?), (RW/LW?), Davis

I'm happy with the above for the championship next season. Anyone not listed can or will be sold/moved on in my opinion. We would also be lucky to hold onto Mings (out of form at the moment but still top class), McGinn (same) and Douglas.

Wesley wasnt ready for the premier league but he scored goals against weak opposition and I think he will get us 15/20+ in the championship. We need a good winger or wide player, I'd take Snoddy back for the season and then sign someone truly top class when we get promoted.

It'd be fantastic if we could sign Eze or Cantwell to replace Grealish.

I really don't know what will happen but all our players are on contracts and will only be going if we receive massive bids for them or they act the currant to get a move and that would actually shoot themselves in the foot

This exactly - hopefully the days of us going cap in hand to Burnley are long gone.
If we choose to sell the buying club should be absolutely paying through the nose.

Who knows maybe a few of our stars would like to put right the shambles of this season and get us back up ...................
nah but still

This exactly - hopefully the days of us going cap in hand to Burnley are long gone.
If we choose to sell the buying club should be absolutely paying through the nose.

Who knows maybe a few of our stars would like to put right the shambles of this season and get us back up ...................
nah but still
A lot of journos say that we will have to sell people on for cheap to make budget though? I know it's the papers and I'm not stupid enough to listen too much - is this because they don't stop to think about our owners, it is just assumed that a relegated club has to sell or that FFP really does tie us down that much?

Lets not forget we will get back most of our recent transfer spend from the sale of Jack and a couple others.

If spectators aren’t allowed back in until January, as I’ve read somewhere, how much is lost season ticket and match day receipts going to impact on our finances?

In my opinion we are going to lose Heaton, Engles, Mings, SJM, Luiz, Wesley, El Ghazi, Trez, and of course Jack. Contracts mean nothing, these players will see themselves as top tier players and will want away to other top tier clubs around Europe.
Of that group you listed, there are only three, maybe four, that I'd be interested in as a premier league manager. I honestly can't see anyone moving in for the likes of Trez, Engles, Wesley, Ghazi or even Heaton, given his age and recent injury record. Teams from abroad would take them, but it's a huge drop in wages for the player to go to any club abroad except the champions league clubs.... And I have a feeling it's going to be a buyer's market this summer with players moving for much smaller fees....