The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 318 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

I think Jack signing a new contract plus the other signings we've made will show any potential signings that we're not content with 17th and that could tip people like Rashica or anyone else not wanting a relegation fight towards signing for us. Each day should be giving us more confidence in this ownership being one we can trust to get business done.

I think Jack signing a new contract plus the other signings we've made will show any potential signings that we're not content with 17th and that could tip people like Rashica or anyone else not wanting a relegation fight towards signing for us. Each day should be giving us more confidence in this ownership being one we can trust to get business done.

The difference is mate players like Rashica don't know us, He wants that Champions League place and let's be honest no one here can envision us finishing in the top 4 any time soon.

It was over a month ago we was in advanced talks with Rashica's agent, you'd expect to hear something by now.

Spurs look likely to get King as well.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/emiliano-buendia-transfer-choice-clear-leeds-villa-palace-links

I'm still dreaming we'll get this player even if it's just to replace Hourihane!

The lad can play anywhere in midfield, 4th most created chances in the league, 2nd most throughballs (vital for Watkins and Traore) 3rd most tackles from a midfielder (great for our weak fullbacks), most chances created in a calender month in all history. Something I didn't know he came through the Real Mardrid youth system.

I literally think he'll become one of the best in the league, sounds silly but I think he has serious potential.

He literally gives you the options no other player can, It looks more and more likely we won't be getting Rashica or King, and as much as people rave about Traore, one thing he won't give you is a supply of chances.
Traore struggles to finish a match, 90 subs in 200 games 60 coming off.

So with that being said, he can either earn a place or be the super sub Traore/Grealish need, or fits behind Watkins push Grealish out wide or vice versa as he can play left wing as well.

We still can't afford to keep Ghazi on the bench..

There will be a lot of business done in the last week of the window. I think he would be an good addition in terms of potential, although my worry is after watching him towards the end of the season, he did seem a bit lightweight as Norwich went on to lose their last 10 games, including against, Brighton, Watford, West Ham and Burnley.

There will be a lot of business done in the last week of the window. I think he would be an good addition in terms of potential, although my worry is after watching him towards the end of the season, he did seem a bit lightweight as Norwich went on to lose their last 10 games, including against, Brighton, Watford, West Ham and Burnley.

I think a lot of that you have to take into account that their team is down and out placed bottom of the league, they're there because they are the worst team, Morale rock bottom.

He didn't play the final game, but he was involved in the 9 defeats he got subbed 6 times, two games he only played 19mins.

He literally carried them all season, I think they played 6 games in 18 days, He works his socks off so I put it down to being burnt out.

You also have to think they were relegated way before a lot of those games.

Let's remember he got 6 MoTM awards.

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...ted-players-relegated-from-the-Premier-League

1. Emiliano Buendia (Norwich) - 7.08 rating

Emiliano Buendia's campaign ended with a red card against Burnley and he didn't always see the right side of Norwich manager Daniel Farke but there will certainly be interest in the 23-year-old this summer. Buendia finished his maiden Premier League campaign with seven assists and one goal, while a return of 2.3 key passes per game ranked fourth in the division.

No player from the three relegated sides registered more clear-cut goalscoring chances in the Premier League than Buendia (9), while the Argentine also ranked top for chances created from set-pieces (28). Moreover, only three players in the division claimed the WhoScored Man of the Match award more times than Buendia (6)

Last edited:
The difference is mate players like Rashica don't know us, He wants that Champions League place and let's be honest no one here can envision us finishing in the top 4 any time soon.

It was over a month ago we was in advanced talks with Rashica's agent, you'd expect to hear something by now.

Spurs look likely to get King as well.
I'm sure he does want Champions League but if we outbid everyone then he'll have to decide if it's Bremen or Brum.

Gregg Evans at The Athletic is adamant talks with Rashica are ongoing. He's a young player and we're an ambitious club in the biggest league in the world.

I'm sure he does want Champions League but if we outbid everyone then he'll have to decide if it's Bremen or Brum.

Gregg Evans at The Athletic is adamant talks with Rashica are ongoing. He's a young player and we're an ambitious club in the biggest league in the world.

Thing is mate he then goes against the kind of player we want at this club, Hopefully he is a professional, wants to earn good money for playing with us and on a personal note has something to prove in this league that he is one of the best.

You'd think a deal would of already been done, I still hope we get him, I rate him higher than King and would fit perfect on the left.

Thing is mate he then goes against the kind of player we want at this club, Hopefully he is a professional, wants to earn good money for playing with us and on a personal note has something to prove in this league that he is one of the best.

Its a balancing act, giving him the benefit of the doubt he seems ambitious and therefore you can say he is still within the mold of what we want. Not wanting to be in a relegation battle and hoping for Champions League isn't necessarily a negative thing. That could just demonstrate how highly he rates himself, the type of club that maybe his agent has been in contact with and that he needs to see from us that we're not content to languish in middle and lower reaches of the league for too long.

You look at it slightly differently and similar to what some posters talk about with being established / quality / experienced etc. We can't just have a team full of players who are thrilled to be here and just want to learn. And thats not a knock to the likes of Watkins or a negative for Watkins, McGinn or Cash but maybe for someone like Traore or Martinez I need you to carry some weight too. Just because you're not in your prime yet doesnt mean we dont expect consistency and quality week in and week out. You both may want and expect to be in the first team and not on the bench but you damn well better prove to me you should be one of the first names on the team sheet.

You'd think a deal would of already been done, I still hope we get him, I rate him higher than King and would fit perfect on the left.
I don't think we can talk about improving the club to attract better players with one breath then with the next say we don't want a guy who just kept a relegation contender up and says he doesn't fancy doing it again. If he decides he wants to come, we've convinced him we're not a relegation contender. I hope they'll call me next and do the same!

I think a lot of that you have to take into account that their team is down and out placed bottom of the league, they're there because they are the worst team, Morale rock bottom.

He didn't play the final game, but he was involved in the 9 defeats he got subbed 6 times, two games he only played 19mins.

He literally carried them all season, I think they played 6 games in 18 days, He works his socks off so I put it down to being burnt out.

You also have to think they were relegated way before a lot of those games.

Let's remember he got 6 MoTM awards.

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/...ted-players-relegated-from-the-Premier-League

1. Emiliano Buendia (Norwich) - 7.08 rating

Emiliano Buendia's campaign ended with a red card against Burnley and he didn't always see the right side of Norwich manager Daniel Farke but there will certainly be interest in the 23-year-old this summer. Buendia finished his maiden Premier League campaign with seven assists and one goal, while a return of 2.3 key passes per game ranked fourth in the division.

No player from the three relegated sides registered more clear-cut goalscoring chances in the Premier League than Buendia (9), while the Argentine also ranked top for chances created from set-pieces (28). Moreover, only three players in the division claimed the WhoScored Man of the Match award more times than Buendia (6)

"also ranked top for chances created from set-pieces (28)"
Well we will need someone who can take set pieces

I don't think we can talk about improving the club to attract better players with one breath then with the next say we don't want a guy who just kept a relegation contender up and says he doesn't fancy doing it again. If he decides he wants to come, we've convinced him we're not a relegation contender. I hope they'll call me next and do the same!

I think you're both going to the extreme a little and taking my view a little far, I believe there's quality players out there that will improve us and will relish the chance to be here like your Traore's, Kings and Buendia's etc instantly improve what we have now with the hunger and desire to do well.

I want Rashica here, I've said he would be perfect for us and hope that he wants to be here, not because it's the best option out of a bad bunch because we're the only ones willing to match his asking price.

Hopefully that's a Villa pass around his neck!
1600200739719.png

That really would be disappointing :/
Depends who comes in instead. Sounds like Traore and Martinez are on the cards and maybe more. Don't think Eduardo is on personally but that lad from Norwich is back in the rumour mill. Would certainly exceed expectation if 5-6 come in.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/emiliano-buendia-transfer-choice-clear-leeds-villa-palace-links

I'm still dreaming we'll get this player even if it's just to replace Hourihane!

The lad can play anywhere in midfield, 4th most created chances in the league, 2nd most throughballs (vital for Watkins and Traore) 3rd most tackles from a midfielder (great for our weak fullbacks), most chances created in a calender month in all history. Something I didn't know he came through the Real Mardrid youth system.

I literally think he'll become one of the best in the league, sounds silly but I think he has serious potential.

He literally gives you the options no other player can, It looks more and more likely we won't be getting Rashica or King, and as much as people rave about Traore, one thing he won't give you is a supply of chances.
Traore struggles to finish a match, 90 subs in 200 games 60 coming off.

So with that being said, he can either earn a place or be the super sub Traore/Grealish need, or fits behind Watkins push Grealish out wide or vice versa as he can play left wing as well.

We still can't afford to keep Ghazi on the bench..

I'm hoping the reason Jack's had a double-your-money new contract is because we're about to offer this kid a six year deal on £80k pw to force him to sign.

Depends who comes in instead. Sounds like Traore and Martinez are on the cards and maybe more. Don't think Eduardo is on personally but that lad from Norwich is back in the rumour mill. Would certainly exceed expectation if 5-6 come in.

I'll take two players over five players all day long mate if they're the right two rather than the usual hotch potch of WTF knows what they're capable of in the PL.

I'll take two players over five players all day long mate if they're the right two rather than the usual hotch potch of WTF knows what they're capable of in the PL.
Don't think they'll all come good straight away, so perhaps hedging bets. The bench should improve as well, giving us better options to change things up.

If Rashica doesn't sign and we get Buendia and Traore it would make me think Traore was the backup plan to Rashica.

Rashica and Buendia are wildly different players you're going from extreme to the other. A faster direct runner to a composed passer and creator. Traore and Rashica's strengths have considerable overlap.

It makes me wonder how we would approach games if you could only have two of the above.