The Stadium! | Page 164 | Vital Football

The Stadium!

You have to laugh.

All these years of fans bemoaning the board's lack of commitment to strengthening the team for fear of 'doing a Leeds' and we were sold the promise that the new stadium would generate the funds we would need to compete at the top.

Well, now it looks like the damn stadium could be what sinks us! There is an irony here, right? I wonder where the team would be right now if we were still playing at the old WHL and had backed Poch properly. Of course, the pandemic was a cruel reality that has hit us hard, but as lovely as the new stadium is, it feels pretty cursed.

You have to laugh.

All these years of fans bemoaning the board's lack of commitment to strengthening the team for fear of 'doing a Leeds' and we were sold the promise that the new stadium would generate the funds we would need to compete at the top.

Well, now it looks like the damn stadium could be what sinks us! There is an irony here, right? I wonder where the team would be right now if we were still playing at the old WHL and had backed Poch properly. Of course, the pandemic was a cruel reality that has hit us hard, but as lovely as the new stadium is, it feels pretty cursed.

You can't second guess disasters like Covid and I think any crticism of the ambitious plans behind why we had to build the stadium are utterly short-sighted - but of course it's clear levy's critics see it as another opportunity to take cheap pot-shots.

I prefer to think about what it will deliver after covid is over and media income is half of what it once was and how big a contribution to our finances our stadium will make then.

Too many football fans are half empty people and have no vision, or can't grasp numbers and don't understand that without a sugar daddy we could never sustain a top-class top 4 competitive team, let alone in Europe.

You can't second guess disasters like Covid and I think any crticism of the ambitious plans behind why we had to build the stadium are utterly short-sighted - but of course it's clear levy's critics see it as another opportunity to take cheap pot-shots.

I prefer to think about what it will deliver after covid is over and media income is half of what it once was and how big a contribution to our finances our stadium will make then.

Too many football fans are half empty people and have no vision, or can't grasp numbers and don't understand that without a sugar daddy we could never sustain a top-class top 4 competitive team, let alone in Europe.

But can the club survive this short term disaster? Financially I know the club will, eventually, start to see a vast improvement but whilst Covid still ravages on and we see a slow but gradual decline in the first team quality could it potentially hurt us with repayments and other debts the longer it goes on?

We all know the club will be fine but I have zero faith in Levy to make the right footballing decisions during this difficult time.

But can the club survive this short term disaster? Financially I know the club will, eventually, start to see a vast improvement but whilst Covid still ravages on and we see a slow but gradual decline in the first team quality could it potentially hurt us with repayments and other debts the longer it goes on?

We all know the club will be fine but I have zero faith in Levy to make the right footballing decisions during this difficult time.

Debt holders will not tip anything over or bring undue pressure - but of course they will want to be kept informed.

However, I have some knowledge of whom we believed would be our targets this summer, ignoring covid and unquestionably that list has been moth-balled, so yes a decline in quality is a genuine possibility and one that will mean we could well be a midtable team again for a few years.

The problem with Levy has always been the juxtaposition between the football decisions and the playing staff, and those rules of the PL and FA favoured limits, are unlikely to be breached.

Of course our saviour is Jose and he is able to make players walk on water and turn losers into winners; which given this full season, he just might do.

Debt holders will not tip anything over or bring undue pressure - but of course they will want to be kept informed.

However, I have some knowledge of whom we believed would be our targets this summer, ignoring covid and unquestionably that list has been moth-balled, so yes a decline in quality is a genuine possibility and one that will mean we could well be a midtable team again for a few years.

The problem with Levy has always been the juxtaposition between the football decisions and the playing staff, and those rules of the PL and FA favoured limits, are unlikely to be breached.

Of course our saviour is Jose and he is able to make players walk on water and turn losers into winners; which given this full season, he just might do.

Spursex said this? :yes::help::rofl: