The scum fans are worse than us. | Page 2 | Vital Football

The scum fans are worse than us.

I think Arsenal fans deserve a lot more compassion than is displayed on this thread. They should be viewed as the miserable people fate has made them all become. Arsenal supporters were at one time innocent children …. until their innocence was stolen forever; destroyed by poor parenting and a tyrannical upbringing.

They were coerced by their fathers, uncles, and older brothers, at an age when they knew no better, to follow the uneducated multitudes to Highbury. Given the freedom of choice, and the insight age brings, they would have taken a much different path. Forced to wear red scarves, red shirts, and a beanie with a cannon on it, they could only aspire (secretly) to visit the whiter, more pure half, of the area in which they lived.

But we never outlive our formative years and thus these poor misguided creatures are doomed to wander the dark-lands of North London with no hope of breaking into the light, or of their cannon being replaced by a fighting cockerel, on the horizon. How sad is that.

They deserve our sympathy.

It is still scary how bad Levy is at talking football. If you asked him to double click into the reasons for what conclusions about Conte and Jose, I'm not sure he could articulate them.

I thought Fabio articulated the details very well. I hope Scott Munn has that in his armoury, as Levy is a PR disaster in these moments. Daniel needs to move upstairs in this area as well.
They were wrong because he didn't understand what it took to back these managers.

Not because of style of play etc, we win a few bits and it's not a mistake.

He needs to go away

Hi folks
Not being from North London, I actually don't have that 'in bred' where you detest Arsenal as you suck your dummies.
However, I don't think they are really all that.
People, are talking them up but, they're not as good as they think...
We say this every time before we play there and lose.....

This is very much a home game derby

V interesting blast from the past. I think you were pretty spot on Scott, does look like Arteta might have helped them turn a corner but hopefully they fuck it this season and return back to being the mid table club their fans deserve.

RD's post intrigued me. Is the league more tippy tappy now in the Man City era 9 years on? Feels like it is, but also the high pressing stuff means it's also more about athletes than it ever was.

Pressing football is now the most prevalent for sure.

It's not 'tippy tappy' it's now more physical than ever in terms of it's toll - more intensive sprints, greater hard yards etc

This change and variation in tactics is also due to data driven transfers and far better pitches;- even in the dead of rotten weather, it still amazes me how many clubs around the country have perfect surfaces to play on. Nowadays you can use the full width of the pitch, knowing you or the ball isn't going to be bogged down. Players now have to go even further and play full pelt for 90+ mins or they'll just keep adding minutes, I'm still not sure that is good for players, but it sure is for fans and for some teams, a god send, as it was for us last week.

City and Pep continue to innovate, which with great ball players isn't as tough as some think.

I see the pressure is already on to increase squad sizes allowed to 30 players.

I'd support that, as we are so focused on domestic football you can't help but feel that in the second half of the season our efforts run out of steam. I expect us to benefit from not being in Europe and already out of a cup this season, as it will give Ange a huge amount extra time to drill the players into his front foot tactical and movement system of play.

I wish they'd (le arse that is) screw up this season, but I can't see it to be honest, they maybe slightly less expansive this season, but their tactics and their football is still winning football. Key injuries haven't helped them. Getting past them even with Ange ball is not going to be easy.

They've gone from no debt to a large transfer debt to approach £450 mill and if they get anything wrong now, their ability to spend at that level is almost gone in the immediate future. So like Chelsea, they cannot afford to slip this season.

It's the NLD. It's all about the X-factor in these intense games. The trouble is that no-one knows what the X-factor is .... except that it is exciting. COYS!

I'd lay money on we'll see less coming inside from Udogie and a greater closer eye on Saka, which will mean a greater reliance on our two in the middle. If I have a fear it is our right side with Porro/Romero getting too far forward and leaving a big gap, for this game I'd prefer to see Emerson start.

We'll need to start quicker and not concede too much space or too much possession to keep them out.

We say this every time before we play there and lose.....

This is very much a home game derby
Hi SS
I'm not saying anything around us beating them this weekend.
Though I think we will
I was, just generalising around Arse, I don't think they are that great, I think they had a fairly easy start to last season which dwindled away even tho' they had no Euro competitions to contend with.
I just don't see them breaking much delf this year.
Yup they'll be in and, around top 4/5.
But IMHO little else..
Just my thoughts..

Hi SS
Though I think we will
I was, just generalising around Arse, I don't think they are that great, I think they had a fairly easy start to last season which dwindled away even tho' they had no Euro competitions to contend with.
But IMHO little else..
Just my thoughts..
They did have a fairly easy start Niall. They were also treated kindly with injuries. In the run up to the World Cup they had the fewest injuries of any PL team. Seven players played 100% of their games and Odegaard missed only one.

Nonetheless, they continued to accumulate points after the World Cup and carried serious injuries to players like Jesus. And they had European involvement until March.

They ended up with 84 points after 38 games. That's hardly dwindling away. The table doesn't lie. If we don't accept the evidence of the table at the end of the season there's no point playing it.

They were by some distance the second best team in the country. I'd be surprised if they were outside of the top 2 again this season.

Hi SS
Though I think we will
But IMHO little else..
Just my thoughts..
They were in EL last year

They are a very good team with more depth than us and upgraded the starting 11 with rice

The easy start is true, which helps to build momentum

I'd lay money on we'll see less coming inside from Udogie and a greater closer eye on Saka, which will mean a greater reliance on our two in the middle. If I have a fear it is our right side with Porro/Romero getting too far forward and leaving a big gap, for this game I'd prefer to see Emerson start.

We'll need to start quicker and not concede too much space or too much possession to keep them out.
We've actually been very poor starters

Think in all the game so far the opponents have had a chance before us, in some cases very good chances

I really don't get the hatred, the rivalry yes but that goes with the territory nowadays i suppose.

A large number of my family are Gooners so there's plenty of banter when it comes to family reunions & such. It's all light hearted stuff as is the banter with the missus who is a die hard Chav fan.

A team i truly despise & for very good reason is the Spam. Everything about that club stinks to high heaven.

I think all teams have a hard core - just that the likes of the Scum Ruskis and the Manaure spreaders are thicker than us ... we have a soft centre ... none of those do. I get the impression half their support come from Chelski when they are not winning anyhow.