The Scrimmage | Vital Football

The Scrimmage

mfosterftw

Vital Reserves Team
It was nice to have a Canaries-focused radio show for my Thursday lunchtime again... but it was awfully painful hearing Goreham/Butler (not sure which one said it) say "y'all" when they read my tweet...

I forgot about it too.
It has got to be better than the awful mcveigh and butler of last season.

MF I can conform that Goreham is the class commentator and Butler is the total idiot.

They haven't loaded it yet, but it'll be up in the next day or two I think. I'm pretty sure it was Rob Butler, and it was with about 15 minutes left. My tweet was somewhat contextual and not directly football related, more just speaking silly.

"What A World We Live In, eh? I didn't know y'all speak Canadian..."

It is on iplayer now. I have been a bit slow to realise this as was still looking for McVeigh and Butler, though I am glad that McV has been put into Room 101. He was really getting on my nerves last season.

I will listen for your tweet MF.

I heard it Mfw. Lone Star Canary .......I think your tweet was perhaps lost in translation.

They had McV on last few minutes, but it was so much better without him.

Chris G gets 11 out of 10 in canary mastermind.

Talking of such matters Miss DG got 2 A* 's and one A in A level
results today.

No sadly they moved to America.
She has just finished loads of pages for an expensive magazine
and working for a posh London store.

Drayton Green - 14/8/2014 22:45

Chris G gets 11 out of 10 in canary mastermind.

Talking of such matters Miss DG got 2 A* 's and one A in A level
results today.

Many congratulations to Miss DG. London awaits!!

sminky - 14/8/2014 22:42

I heard it Mfw. Lone Star Canary .......I think your tweet was perhaps lost in translation.

They had McV on last few minutes, but it was so much better without him.

I think it was lost in translation. Butler tried to make y'all a two-syllable word when it's not.

Butler and Goreham had been using the "What A World We Live In," line several times to lament the state of affairs in soccer. At some point in the show they added the "eh?" at the end. Well, most Canucks I know (and I know quite a few from my hockey days) slap the "eh?" on the end of everything, hence my twitter comment back to them that got aired. They also aired a tweet earlier from NY Canaries (who I talk to via twitter and Facebook from time to time, us Yellows in the USA sticking together and all) and thought I'd try to get in on the action with "I didn't know y'all speak Canadian..."

Thanks to all of you wishing congrats to Miss DG.
Soon to be based in London but does not like
football so not joining us for aways as Miss DG senior did

Add my congratulations DG. Gets her brains from her dad, I believe :grin: