The rug as been pulled | Vital Football

The rug as been pulled

Just got down to this after putting my 2 pennorth on the jan signings thread it’s no surprise a combination of the 3 or 4 things mentioned is my guess

Nah, worth its own thread. DON'T DELETE!!!

Agreed. You listen to Wilders interviews last season and his manor are totally different. Yes, he'll be disappointed that we are doing so bad but he looks and sounds dejected. I don't think its fault. As said previously lack of investment from the chairman hasn't helped, whether that's because he don't have any money or lack of supporters inside the ground has severely hindered the club financially, who knows, but it hasn't helped.

I don't know how you can get to 26 days in January, the bottom of the league and not sign ONE player. We know that we are struggling, you'd think the club would be wanting to get players in like shoppers hitting Meadowhall for January sales - but not United.

I'm disappointed that we aren't trying. This team won't keep us up alone, better to go down fighting than not trying at all.

Nah, worth its own thread. DON'T DELETE!!!
no worries pal.
my opinion is this
after wilders signings in the prem he wouldnt get another penny.
in the champ i would give him the money to add to the squad ,i wouldnt let the players go that i wanted to stay ie the better ones. then id add quality craft guile and speed to the team. plus a big proper captain. if wilder got us promoted,i wouldnt sanction any signings for un tested un tried prem players,they would have to be experienced prem players . not ones for the future. add ones for the future once we,ve got our experienced players in.

Not allowing him to spend big money on PL signings again is understandable.

Not allowing him to spend money on signings for a league he's been successful in very recently is harder to understand.

Not allowing him to sign the bare minimum one or two players (loans?) required to make us slightly competitive this season is potentially unforgivable.

The thought of going the rest of this season with what we have at LCB in particular is horrendous.

For me, what we needed to be doing this month was signing 3 or 4 players, balancing being competitive short term with building for next season.

This could have been done with.....

1 decent loan
1 cheaper loan
1 or 2 signings mainly for next season for £5m or less

We could even seek to cash in on more players in the summer to pay for it if absolutely necessary.

Going down with a points record will make relegation so much harder to recover from - and it will probably only cost us more in order to recover

Hardly surprising
If you aren't signing players that are good enough for the Premier League you are:
Wasting money.
Destroying players confidence.
Making the sale of players impossible.
Making bringing new players in impossible.

And the vicious circle continues, as we know all too well because the club and nobody who is or ever will be employed by the club will ever learn.

no worries pal.
my opinion is this
after wilders signings in the prem he wouldnt get another penny.
in the champ i would give him the money to add to the squad ,i wouldnt let the players go that i wanted to stay ie the better ones. then id add quality craft guile and speed to the team. plus a big proper captain. if wilder got us promoted,i wouldnt sanction any signings for un tested un tried prem players,they would have to be experienced prem players . not ones for the future. add ones for the future once we,ve got our experienced players in.
Better get some more investment in if we are only signing experienced Premiership players and pay them more than £30,000 a week. If not we are back to untested.

We're going down anyway, so it would be wasted money. I can't say I agree with 'The Chairman hasn't backed him'. The chairman has committed over £100m for players, almost all of which could have been better spent.

Get to the end of the season, take a deep breath and start over.

We're going down anyway, so it would be wasted money. I can't say I agree with 'The Chairman hasn't backed him'. The chairman has committed over £100m for players, almost all of which could have been better spent.

Get to the end of the season, take a deep breath and start over.

Aren't we something like the twelth highest net spenders in the country this past two years ?

The situation we find ourself is due to an underperforming squad and a manager who has been shockingly poor this season.