The Robins vs The Tics | Vital Football

The Robins vs The Tics

OnLoanfromEnfield

Vital 1st Team Regular
Maloney's Men have to pick up much needed points on Wednesday evening at Ashton Gate (Decent stadium). I am sure we are all looking for another positive performance after Blackburn and Huddersfield.
I'll go for a draw.

There are also some key games being played.
Birmingham host Cardiff and Reading Host Rotherham on Tuesday night.
Stoke City host Huddersfield and Swansea City host Blackpool on Wednesday night.

Nahki Wells is Bristol's top goal scorer with 9 goals & 4 assists.
Played 29 games and averages .4 goals per game or a goal every 222 minutes
Will Keane is the Top Tic with 10 goals & 2 assists.
Played 29 games and averages .37 goals per game or a goal every 245 minutes

Bristol's Mark Sykes has scored 5 goals in their last 6 games. He played for Oxford against us twice last season and was credited with an assist in the 1-1 draw at the DW.

Harry Cornick may be playing against Wigan for the 5th time this season.
He has scored twice against us (x1 League x1 FA Cup)

Bristol City Form
League Position 13th - 39 points
Played 30 Won 10 Drawn 9 Lost 11
Scored 40 Goals & Conceded 39 Goals
40 goals scored put them equal 6th along with Norwich City (who we play this upcoming Saturday)

Home form
Played 16 - Won 6 Drawn 4 Lost 6
Scored 20 & Conceded 17 Goals

Wigan Athletic Away form
Played 14 - Won 4 Drawn 5 Lost 5
Scored 16 - Conceded 19

Bristol City Home matches
August 6th Bristol City 2 - 3 Sunderland

August 16th Bristol City 2 - 0 Luton Town

August 21th Bristol City 2 - 0 Cardiff City

August 31st Bristol City 2 - 0 Huddersfield Town

October 1st Bristol City 1 - 2 Queens Park Rangers

October 4th Bristol City 0 - 0 Coventry City

October 12th Bristol City 2 - 1 Preston North End

October 15th Bristol City 1 - 2 Millwall

October 29th Bristol City 1 - 1 Swansea City

November 1st Bristol City 0 - 1 Sheffield United

November 12th Bristol City 0 - 0 Watford

December 17th Bristol City 1 - 2 Stoke City

December 26th Bristol City 0 - 2 West Bromwich Albion

January 14th Bristol City 4 - 2 Birmingham City

January 21st Bristol City 1 - 1 Blackburn Rovers

February 11th Bristol City 1 - 0 Norwich City

Edit: I will be interested to see the outcome of the QPR and Sunderland match.
A Championship upset or ......

Last edited:
I think Bristols win at the weekend really put some healthy distance between them and the relegation battlers and that may work in our favour. As they don't NEED to beat us now but if they were a few points worse off they'd probably feel this is a game they need 3 points to put any lingering relegation fears to bed.

They'll still obviously want to win and try and creep closer to the play off fringes but they probably aren't going to be quite as desperate for the result as they might have been if they were really looking over their shoulder.

It doesn't mean we'll get a result or they'll be very complacent but I think they are probably a team that is looking like they'll coast between the relegation and play off mixes and those are teams you have to try and target for upsets.

Last edited:
If Rekik is fit then I reckon the team could be:-
Amos
Darikwa Hughes Whatmough Rekik Pearce
Power Teihi McClean
Lang Keane
which to me is good enough for at least a draw.

Rekik was training at the end of last week based on the videos from the official site, so I'm expecting us to start with a back 3 with him coming in on the left side. I think Darikwa may drop out for Nyambe but rest to remain about the same. You could argue for other changes but I think that Maloney won't tinker with the side make up too much at once.

Personally Aasgaard for Sinani or Wyke / Fletcher for Keane or at least dropping Keane deeper and brining in Pearce would be good shouts. Power as right wing back i think could be beneficial too but I'm not expecting those yet.

Yes and get completely over run in midfield, your crazy man
There's four in midfield in that line up with two up front capable of tracking back plus four at the back capable of pushing forward. Could dominate Midfield with that line up.

Rekik was training at the end of last week based on the videos from the official site, so I'm expecting us to start with a back 3 with him coming in on the left side. I think Darikwa may drop out for Nyambe but rest to remain about the same. You could argue for other changes but I think that Maloney won't tinker with the side make up too much at once.

Personally Aasgaard for Sinani or Wyke / Fletcher for Keane or at least dropping Keane deeper and brining in Pearce would be good shouts. Power as right wing back i think could be beneficial too but I'm not expecting those yet.

Rekik hasn't recovered from injury Shaun saying same squad