Fulhamred

Vital Squad Member
So last two games chaps

Forest : Chelsea (H), Burnley (A)
Luton : West Ham (A), Fulham (H)
Burnley : Spurs (A), Forest (H)

The Table and form :

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 14.17.09.png

Forest are +3 up on Luton and +5points on Burnley. However, we also have a much better goal difference to both.

We have the advantage of playing after both our rivals and i think that gives us an advanatage.

Updated : Taken from BBC as more clearly stated then my first attempt...

At 4.45 :

Luton Town will be relegated:

• If they lose at West Ham AND Nottingham Forest avoid defeat
  • If they lose AND Burnley win, even if Forest lose;
  • If they draw AND Forest win.
If Forest match Luton then Forest are in essence safe unless we do a Stoke and concede and 11 goal swing in two games.

Burnley will be relegated:

• If they fail to win at Tottenham on Saturday, whatever happens elsewhere;
  • If Nottingham Forest win against Chelsea.
If Burnley win and Forest draw then Burnley need to thrash forest by about 16 goals to stay up!

It would be fantastic if Luton and Burnley both lose and we are safe without having final day nerves !

Odds :

Forest 8/1
Luton 1/20
Burnley 1/100

Forest have only a 7.2% chance of relegatiobn according to Opta...

Last edited:
To add to the above.

"LUTON are not doing well away from home. They are one of the poorest 3, with an away match win of 11%"

They have only won two away from home. One against Sheffield United another against a very poor Everton when they were on an awful run.

By similar account West ham, while not in amazing form at home have only lost 4 at their place.

I just cannot see West Ham losing. I feel a point against Chelsea will be a good one and hopefully gets us over the line.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240509-153422.png
    Screenshot_20240509-153422.png
    404.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240509-153813.png
    Screenshot_20240509-153813.png
    388.4 KB · Views: 9
So last two games chaps

Forest : Chelsea (H), Burnley (A)
Luton : West Ham (A), Fulham (H)
Burnley : Spurs (A), Forest (H)

The Table and form :

View attachment 73142

Forest are +3 up on Luton and +5points on Burnley. However, we also have a much better goal difference to both.

We have the advantage of playing after both our rivals and i think that gives us an advanatage.

I haven't found a real clear and concise version but this is my take.

At 5.30pm, Forest will be safe IF

Luton LOSE

and :

Burnley don't beat Spurs - Burnley need to win both their games and hope that Luton get no more than one win and Forest also lose to Chelsea.

IF Forest beat Chelsea then Forest will be safe no matter what the results are.

IF Luton win and Forest Lose we will need to beat Burnley on the final day.

It would be fantastic if Luton and Burnley both lose and we are safe without having final day nerves !

Odds :

Forest 8/1
Luton 1/20
Burnley 1/100

Forest have only a 7.2% chance of relegatiobn according to Opta...

I think from the moment we saw the fixtures list there was that horrible last game to Burnley and the feeling we were gonna need something.

quelle fooking surprise.

we can fook that all off with a win against a chealski well on their way to getting their shit together but I think many of us suspect it will be once more unto the breach in the trenches with THEM

To add to the above.

"LUTON are not doing well away from home. They are one of the poorest 3, with an away match win of 11%"

They have only won two away from home. One against Sheffield United another against a very poor Everton when they were on an awful run.

By similar account West ham, while not in amazing form at home have only lost 4 at their place.

I just cannot see West Ham losing. I feel a point against Chelsea will be a good one and hopefully gets us over the line.
Always get freak results this time of season though

(Which could include us beating Chelsea of course)

Chelsea need results to qualify for Europe albeit they may not be allowed in anyway.

They are starting to look like a different proposition to earlier in the season so a draw would be a good result. I am not convinced we will win but not losing could be enough.

The worst case scenario is needing any kind of result on the last day so I am just hoping it’s all over before 5pm on Saturday.

Chelsea need results to qualify for Europe albeit they may not be allowed in anyway.

They are starting to look like a different proposition to earlier in the season so a draw would be a good result. I am not convinced we will win but not losing could be enough.

The worst case scenario is needing any kind of result on the last day so I am just hoping it’s all over before 5pm on Saturday.
Even better if could be all over before we play Chelsea

But that's being greedy I guess

It might actually help us that Chelsea need a result

Puts a bit of pressure on them

I think we needed a point back from Tuesday.
I don’t think we will get any results against Chelsea or Burnley, we’re shit away and Chelsea are in form.
Luton have got players back from injury Adabayo especially and they get to play West Ham, who have capitulated.
They need a draw and a win.
I think they have that in them.

I think we will get a result v Chelsea and at Burnley

Burnley ideally without pressure on us

(Ironically we actually might need pressure on us from the Burnley and/or Luton results to make us turn up with the right level of intensity against Chelsea)

If that game is meaningless we likely won't have the intensity on and off the pitch to challenge Chelsea

I don’t think we will get any results against Chelsea or Burnley, we’re shit away and Chelsea are in form.
Luton have got players back from injury Adabayo especially and they get to play West Ham, who have capitulated.
i think for sure we will get one point from those games, but i am even more sure that Luton don't get 4 points from their games. I predict they will lose both.

despite the hype, luton are shit. 26 points from 36 games means that are not a good footballing side

Why would you think they have that in them?
I have no idea why people on this site big Luton up.
Apart from being battlers they are nothing, they are a poor team who are in very poor form, there chances against West Ham and Fulham are slim at best.

I think we will get a result v Chelsea and at Burnley

Burnley ideally without pressure on us

(Ironically we actually might need pressure on us from the Burnley and/or Luton results to make us turn up with the right level of intensity against Chelsea)

If that game is meaningless we likely won't have the intensity on and off the pitch to challenge Chelsea
If early results go our way I would be happy as Larry if our game against Chelsea turns out to be meaningless and a borefest.....
This weekend survival is all that matters.

I've said for weeks they have 4 points from the last 2 games. Hope I am wrong Saturday, but they will beat Fulham

My gut feeling is that we won’t need more than a point but i just hope we can relax after Saturday. Don’t want to have to go into the last day needing anything.

Why would you think they have that in them?
I have no idea why people on this site big Luton up.
Apart from being battlers they are nothing, they are a poor team who are in very poor form, there chances against West Ham and Fulham are slim at best.
Its not just people here. Its everywhere.
I get why some people *want* Luton to be good. They're a good story. However, for all the 'fight' and 'promise' they have been very very poor at actually getting results.

In other words, they are the perfect club for fans of established EPL teams to say they like. They'll come up, make entertainment, and go straight back down just like they're supposed to.

Its not just people here. Its everywhere.
I get why some people *want* Luton to be good. They're a good story. However, for all the 'fight' and 'promise' they have been very very poor at actually getting results.

In other words, they are the perfect club for fans of established EPL teams to say they like. They'll come up, make entertainment, and go straight back down just like they're supposed to.
They got two results against us though

They got two results against us though
If you look at those away and home tables above I posted you will note we are well down the bottom of both. So that is no massive claim.

West ham at home have a much better record than we do coupled with Luton having a worse away record than we do.

Like you say freak results can happen and that is exactly what it will be if they win away to west ham