The reality of the situation | Vital Football

The reality of the situation

yellow belly

Vital Football Legend
Before I say my little piece , let me assure you all of my passion for NCFC and my desire to see them do well in every game and at every moment on and off the pitch .
Now the reality of the situation is that after 9 games we are averaging a point a games (projected that would give us 38 points by seasons end and relegation) , are joint highest in goals against , havent kept a clean sheet all season , had some bizarre substitutions and players in the wrong positions ,and all this after what most regard as an easy start to the season . IMO this is not good enough and I am sorry to have to say this but Neil and the Board are to blame for what is happening .

Football is ruthless and I was thinking what Southampton and Leicester did , and although it seemed cruel on Nigel Pearson and Nigel Atkins after the heroics they had performed that they were moved on . But I think their Boards knew they would get nowhere without a good experienced coach and put their clubs above individuals which is surely the first duty of a Board .

Norwich City must come first and IMO the Board should already be monitoring the situation and be prepared to act unless results improve . For heavens sake , IF things go wrong then dont do the famous ' give it 10 games' ' give until Christmas ' or even worse act with 5 games to go and relegation looming .

I hope Alex Neil succeeds , and I agree with FFL who says lets see what happens on Saturday , but make some noise if we fail again .

Agree or disagree with me if you like , but to me the right choices must be made solely in the interests of our Club

Alex Neil will be with us for the foreseeable,the board see him as being on a learning curve even if it means relegation,total acception from the board of what will be will be,little ol Norwich remains until the board goes.

Sorry JB but i can't agree with that. AN is the best bloke for the job we are not going to get anyone better.The problem with us Norwich fans is that we need a reality check,i couldn't believe people were expecting us to beat Newcastle by 4 or 5 goals,they may be struggling but they are an established premier league side,WE ARE NOT and on their day are well capable of beating us as they proved.it was disappointing not to get a centre half in the window but we have no idea who we were looking at and we can't expect the club to tell us that anyway.The fact is Norwich city are in the premier league and results like yesterday were always on the cards especially as we like to attack even away from home but let's not panic ffs AN is the best bloke we are gonna get.

AN needs to stop picking his favourite crap players and shipping out better players out on loan.
Until he does that we will get even less competitive.

the reality is YET again we spent fack all after getting promoted less than 5million. Never learn Norwich keep getting all the big tv money and spend fack all. Chase was tight but delia wooooooo ya something else girl.

Agreed 100% YB. In terms of points on the board with games we've played is not enough IMO. A point a game is not a disasterous average BUT given we've only played winnable games for the most part it isnt so good . If we have averaged 1 point per game against teams that we should be competing against what are we going to average in the coming months when we play all the big boys ? I can honestly see us rock bottom by time we have played man city arsenal and chelsea with a shameful GD.

Yoda.... whilest I agree with what you have said that there must be some sort of reality check at times, I also think that the mere fact some Norwich fans might think as you just said "They're established we are not" and how other teams are "well capable of beating us" is half the problem. Teams like Southampton, Swansea, Leicester and Palace/Stoke didn't get to where they are by thinking that way and spending modestly and believing they're not as good. I'm not panicking yet , I still believe AN is the man to take us forward, but he really has to stop picking the same under-performing players game in game out when it is not working or he wont do himself any favours.

Big reaction needed v WBA , fail to show that then I may be very nervous about the coming games!

Good point Nathan . And thats my point really in kicking off this discussion . I dont WANT Neil sacked if he can do well for us , but I want the club to think big , and believe they are equal with the other clubs lMaybe not in monetary terms , but in their thinking . I said in starting this that IF things go wrong ( and I dont want them to ) then the club MUST not think of personel but what is the best way to take the club forwards . Southampton and Leicester knew they had to do it and they thought big . We have to do the same .

Well , it goes to highlight a point that our Board are hardly forward thinking dynamic football people , and the only communication I get from them is about epensive menus in one of their restuarants !

based on experience my brother had in yellows when only break from eating for MWJ were the 5 breaks to smoke outside. :grin:

It seems to me ,mangers that are good in the championship ,don't often make the big time in the prem ,Houghton is a fine example , absolutely flying with Brighton .The same i feel as A.N.perfect for championship but severely lacking experience of the prem .With tougher games to come its going to be a worry that we will be in the relegation zone before christmas.Getting in top class players is only part of the answere ,being able to manage them is the other .I worked for a company for 33 years and could do my job standing on my head juggling 4 balls and singing god save the queen ,people used to listen when i told them how to do the job ,will experienced prem players take to much notice of a manager ,who no one knows ,of little prem experience ,and never played or managed in a major league.Just my thoughts .

Next away is Manc City . Should be a laugh . If we can let in six against the bottom club ,who couldnt even hold on to a dog lead ,it may well be double figures in Manchester ! Still ,some fans would be happy with that and say we shouldnt expect too much !

What a winner that is! Manchester City have huffed, and puffed, but lacked quality up front.

I don't necessarily think MC will get all their own way.

I suspect AN will have learned much from the N'castle defeat and will use the experience to produce some surprises. Something that crops up unexpectedly this season.

One thing is sure, we will not lose having dominated possession :grin:

I will be surprised if he drops his the Fun Boy Three
( Favourite Bloody Turkeys ) but I stand to be corrected if he does something about the defence. we win and keep a clean sheet.

I think you will be safe, I wouldn't put money on any of your 3 happening, certainly the clean sheet and winning! More chance of MWJ giving up the fags!

I will admit I have caused more confusion than ELO with that last post.
I was meaning to say those 3 things happening v WBA in next game.
Agreed v manc buy success none of the 3, in particular the clean sheet are ever going to happen... although I thought I saw MWJ with a cheque book and nicotine patches yesterday :grin:

Well I am back from Turkey and I am glad I'll be away from the bloody bar staff who took the piss out of me after Newcastle shite.

One comment from Turkish bar staff was 'Newcastle beat nobody, so how bad is Norwich' - those exact words.

We bumped into him and a couple of the other staff again in another bar and they were just joking about but it did piss me off a little.