The Real Dons (A) | Vital Football

The Real Dons (A)

Arthur_Itis

Vital Squad Member
Weekend in London for me and Mrs Itis, looking forward to a new ground and hoping for a "bounce back" reaction to Tuesday's result.
Have we ever won back to back away games in London ? (Not counting FA Cup semi / final which were "neutral" venues).

Jarvo is reporting it's the same starting lineup today
I'm not sure Leam has learnt much if that's the case

Jarvo is reporting it's the same starting lineup today
I'm not sure Leam has learnt much if that's the case

I'm all for keeping a winning team, but the team today isn't a winning team, Power should go in midfield, Pearce at full back.

I hope i'm wrong but LR looks like he's getting a tad like Cook for his stubbornness, prove us all wrong Leam and get the 3 points today! :thumbup:

I hope we build a two of three goal lead as I seem to recall Wimbledon have been scoring late on in games this season

Fingers crossed Leams called this right - if Bayliss performs like Tues again he's in for some desrved stick.
As an away game Power in mid Darikwa RB and Pearce LB would have been the better option IMO
Up the Wombling Tics!

I think most would concede that Bayliss had a few good touches in the first half, before fading out of the game (and even appearing to not want the ball). To have dropped him would (could) have been a massive blow to his confidence. For the Manager to show support by picking him again is of course a risk, but in terms of man-management, it's an excellent move.

One poor game doesn't make a player a poor one ... and Bayliss isn't a poor player.

I think most would concede that Bayliss had a few good touches in the first half, before fading out of the game (and even appearing to not want the ball). To have dropped him would (could) have been a massive blow to his confidence. For the Manager to show support by picking him again is of course a risk, but in terms of man-management, it's an excellent move.

One poor game doesn't make a player a poor one ... and Bayliss isn't a poor player.
Fair point if he was one of our own- he isn't.
I saw 1 decent touch in first half and maybe 2 passes in second. Other than that he was gash. Maybe because it’s not his position - too lightweight for a CDM.
Leam didn't react until too late Tues so this is on him - if we see another similar performance today hope he reacts quickly and sorts it.

He's in our squad for the season ... as far as I'm concerned, I'll treat him as if he's one of our own (for the season). Otherwise, what's the point of him being here?
If he has another stinker today I will begin to wonder 😉
Leams our manager and do trust him - hoping I'm wrong 😂

Looking forward to a decent performance today.... it isn't a Tuesday night, so halfway there. Wimbledon have had two good results in the last week so who knows.

I thought that Ben Amos was at times unusually hesitant against Bolton and the MK dons. A cracking keeper though ....demonstrated by a confident performance and a clean sheet today.

Young master Bayliss has a chance to improve upon Tuesday ... as does the rest of the squad. Waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too early to write the young lad off.

James Mcclean will score with his right foot rather than switch over to his left, lose a second and miss a sitter.

Off to watch the match

The ref is/was letting the match flow quite well and allowing plenty of challenges. Quite a surprise to see a yellow card given !

Naylor got caught forgetting the old adage ... play to the whistle.
Naylor not his usual sterling self today either.
Darikwa with what looked like a muffed crossed that managed to beat everyone and almost in by Keane. It isn't a Wigan match without Darikwa gifting a pass to the opposition. His peripheral vision at times is shockingly awful.

Max Power looked a bit iffy in the first 15 minutes but improved as the match progressed. Almost had a chance late on ... Tzanev stretched to palm it away.
Lots of space down the right for him and Callum Lang.

Lang missed a sitter in front of goal (thought it was Keane at first.)

Wigan the better team by some margin Wimbledon were allowed back into the match from around 30 minutes though. They could not string two or three passes together up until that point.
Bayliss chased down a Wimbledon player after the team were caught napping (straight after a Wigan corner). James Mcclean picked up a yellow straight to shut the player down. Got caught with the ball at the 18 minute mark but Wimbledon did not take advantage.

Pretty much all Wigan but so far, but the chances have not been taken.

Yanic would have ripped this Wimbledon team apart.