The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread

I think that owners with wealth of more than $10 billion should be exempt from financial fair play. The crooks operate at the much lower end and genuine businessman should not be affected by this and should be able to spend their money when they want and what they want especially at football clubs with the postcode of B6

So in that case Mike if owners voted for it can owners put it to the test again with another vote if sufficent clubs dont like the way it works in practise.

Presumably Wittonite, if there was the desire, the member clubs could certainly demand a fresh vote.

I remember reading at the time that they'd had teams of accountants pouring over our books before they finalised the deal. If that's true then they knew full well the situation and have a plan to move forward. These are serious people in charge at the club now thank God. I've zero doubt that we would have folded without them or someone similar coming in.
l
I think that owners with wealth of more than $10 billion should be exempt from financial fair play. The crooks operate at the much lower end and genuine businessman should not be affected by this and should be able to spend their money when they want and what they want especially at football clubs with the postcode of B6
Yes ovb,you are correct but the current rules even the playing field for many run of the mill clubs but also allow the elite to maintain their dominance. A double whammy for a club in our position. No names,no pack drill as certain clubs extract the urine. Hopefully the new owners are clever enough to lead us through this nightmare.

Yup, FFP as a theory is right and good. How they implemented it was wrong.

An owner should be able to spend whatever they want, but to protect the long term future of the club, the FA should hold money from an owner in a Trust (taking into account any debt interest if applicable). Then if owners gets bored and calls in debt leaving the club in a shitstorm, the bottom line is covered.

Obviously more to it than that, but if FFP aims to protect clubs from owners who spend and run, that approach makes more sense.

But it's not illegal, as member clubs voted for it - the vote takes it out of being competition law linked, because it's an internal agreement and hasn't been forced.
Not strictly true, for instance if all the clubs agreed not to use black players at all that would still be illegal. Not sure you can link business practice with on field performance. Would be interesting if it was tested.

What you have is the owners of the clubs agreeing certain restrictions on the way they, the owners, can operate. Totally legal, as it affects them and nobody else.

Well, you could in theory get a player taking action because the player thinks it prevents the owner paying the massive salary which the player thinks he's entitled to. Best of luck with that one.

No, because that wouldn't be inner trade based and balanced. Regulations outwith Human Rights in effect can take precedence in a closed membership.

It's why players get away with some tackles on the pitch that would clearly be assault in the stands - there's that acceptance with clubs voting on the rules. If they drew the line that only black players could be charged, that would be where the Gov stepped in.

With FFP, a clear determination between clubs, irrespective of wealth takes precedence. Again, if they said English owners didn't have to comply but foreign did, that would be a different ballpark. The mention above of an exemption for certain wealth would also be an issue.

It has to be all or nothing, but sadly the all of FFP as designed is counterproductive to what it aimed to achieve.

It is going to be one of these super rich clubs that will challenge it if anyone was going to.

Looking at the posts regarding our finances, especially Dave J Yorkshire Villan. From a Club going broke under Zia’s attempt at promotion how Lucky we are to have NSEW investment bankrolling us even putting in a supposed further 69 million to keep us afloat.
I can only hope that it pays off for them which will mean we will benefit hopefully a return to the premier league. Big thanks to Nassef & Wes, hope they can stay onboard

Lost the will to live with that JPA , but the last Graph looked like we don't even have to
"just Pay The Fine" :wahey:

If I'm honest, I gave up after a few posts, but for the geeks on here, seemed in-depth enough.

Frankly, I just want to watch us play football. The rest is of no interest to me, unless we end up out of business, as seemed likely the way we were going!

I know it goes against the grain but you might want to read the column in the Daily Mail headed, "Derby and Villa facing points loss."
It continues, " Aston Villa, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday are among clubs who now face sanctions for breaches of regulations after Birmingham City were hit with a nine-point deduction."

I know it goes against the grain but you might want to read the column in the Daily Mail headed, "Derby and Villa facing points loss."
It continues, " Aston Villa, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday are among clubs who now face sanctions for breaches of regulations after Birmingham City were hit with a nine-point deduction."
I'm not listening

Yeah. Saw that last night and stopped short of linking it as it was Daily mail. Says that other clubs are kicking off about us and Derby, Sheff weds .

It's ok MF will clarify and ease our fears .