The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The 'Profit & Sustainability' Thread

I have a plan, i know the losses the previous year was 14m? Does anyone know the year before? Its why i guessed 10.5m as i thought they were higher. Im working on the assumption Purslow knows what he is talking about? So many assumptions.

That's where my brain now runs out of juice. I just expect us to be on the cusp, if not a nominal breach rather than anything major that should really cause worry.

I have a plan, i know the losses the previous year was 14m? Does anyone know the year before? Its why i guessed 10.5m as i thought they were higher. Im working on the assumption Purslow knows what he is talking about? So many assumptions.

15-16 - pulled out all the stops for a £81 Mill Loss
up from £27 mill loss the year before.

There are quite a lot of allowable FFP costs out of that though? Academy, depreciation etc etc. I have seen a figure of 29m mentioned for 15/16? For FFP calculations. No idea if its accurate.

ps what was the score? Putting my serious hat back on for a sec, best result for us if we can find some form as if we do sneak Play-Offs (unlikely I admit) WBA are more inconsistent than Leeds so might be a positive.

WBA's defence is going to be the death of them, they can be worse than us and that's saying something. That'll count in the PO's.

Now we have to see if we can get there.

There are at least two companies involved, the club itself and the holding company. Try to decipher that lot. Then try to work out how much counts towards FFP.

So the actual loss published will tell us very little? Its the amount that counts towards FFP that is vital? It also appears to be very secret? The murky world of football, still they at least caught the Noses. I feel a bit sorry for Monk after the job he has done. Hangs head in shame.

Last edited:
It's an indication Trin, then we have to guesswork how much of that loss is attributable to FFP calculations.

The key thing is, with the accounts being published, it means the FFP determination itself is then in process by the authorities as they assess that this month as well. So one way or another, we'll soon know how much was panic, BS, and clickbait and what was true.

And yes, whether we can just pay the fine.

It's not exactly secret really, if you want to spend the week trawling the regulations it'd probably become clear but:

giphy.webp

It's why we should trust Purslow - but be aware he quickly went from talking about being on the original FFP committee when the rules came into force, to then not talking about FFP but our accounts in general when saying we wouldn't have a problem.

All he actually truly said was with our new owners the club wouldn't go bust. He wasn't commenting strictly about an FFP breach by that point.

I suppose you would need to go over it all and find out whats attributable and whats not, to work out the FFP figure. I will wait till they tell me i think :grinning: