The Prize Peacock.... | Vital Football

The Prize Peacock....

hindleymonwafc

Vital Champions League
....is back. Can't help but think the reported £ 10 m bid from Brighton for young Nick was the worst possible scenario as it seems he was back in full peacock strutting Billy big bollocks mode last night. He kicked out a couple of times when defenders had the temerity to tackle him. He was probably having a few " do you know who I am pal " chats as well for good measure.

The result was a dire performance all round.

I agree the result was a dire performance Hindley but I think you are being a tad harsh on Powell. Granted he was certainly not at his best but at least he did put some effort in whilst a number of others were freeloading. The blame for last nights performance should be equally shared by all concerned. Starting with the goalkeeper who was lauded for his performances over the last month yet has now conceded five in two games, at the time I stated that he was being protected by the players in front of him. Those players in front last night looked clueless on how to deal with two tall and physical strikers who pressured them from the off. Your favourite Sam, was totally inept and should not have been risked as we all knew that he was hamstrung by the threat of a yellow card and a two match ban. The least said about Power the better, his passing was atrocious. Jacobs needs a spell on the bench as he has not featured in recent games, Massey was Massey and Grigg does not challenge for high balls so the defender gets a free header.

Paul Cook must also shoulder some of the blame, firstly for selecting Morsy knowing that he would be targeted by the Blackpool players and then for leaving him on when it was obvious they were succeeding in winding him up. But also for not having the balls to change things at half time when it was obvious to all and sundry that the original game plan wasn't working.

All in all it was a shocker and we need to regroup quickly and move on. The City game now becomes more of a distraction as both Blackburn and Shrewsbury will play this weekend and if they win will relegate us to third. I know we will have games in hand, but they have to be won and we will now be playing two games a week to catch up putting more pressure on the squad.
This is were Cook and the players earn their corn and need to stand up and be counted, we were in the box seat and have let it slip, now we need to respond in the positive.

Trouble is that if Cook had rested Morsy then people would have been having a go at him for doing so and not putting promotion ahead of the FA Cup. Morsy should have been professional enough to not get himself booked, although as Cook said in the PK interview the Blackpool player really conned the referee by exaggerating the contact. This was something the Blackpool players di for the whole game and got away with the whole game except on one occasion where he gave a free kick for diving.
As for Powell, he was in full Prima Donna mode last night, that's for sure.
Power had a stinker, but at least he showed some effort whereas others looke dlike they just couldn't be bothered

There was mass hysteria on here and social media at the very thought of getting rid of young Nick

Some said our imminent and unstoppable surg for promotion depended on him some even applauded the turning down of vast amounts of money for him how times change in the space of fourteen days hero to villain or the life of a fickle football fan

The point being that Nick always struts around, that's part of what makes him Nick. When we are winning everyone says how great it is to see him flicking the ball off his heel ,doing Cruyff turns and generally taking the mick out of the opposition. When we lose he does the same tricks and flicks and people label him arrogant and billy big bollocks. He did exactly the same things last night as he did against West Ham but they didn't come off and we lost a game so is he now a worse player because of that. I think not.

I am not one of Powell biggest fans as I have posted in the past but last night I have to say he was the only player willing to have a go, he continuously had to drop back to cover for power who was absolutely shocking!

Its not Cooks fault Morsy got booked,its Morsy's,he acted like an absolute pr**k instead of walking away and fully deserved the booking.From where i was sat it looked like he wanted to get booked ,15 minutes earlier when the big lad started shuving him and giving him verbals Morsy reacted and was lucky not to get booked then.
I bet the bugger goes on holiday now.

exiled tic - 14/2/2018 11:45

I am not one of Powell biggest fans as I have posted in the past but last night I have to say he was the only player willing to have a go, he continuously had to drop back to cover for power who was absolutely shocking!

Power should be dropped after that last night,it was embarrassing.

truelatic4eva - 14/2/2018 11:46

Its not Cooks fault Morsy got booked,its Morsy's,he acted like an absolute pr**k instead of walking away and fully deserved the booking.From where i was sat it looked like he wanted to get booked ,15 minutes earlier when the big lad started shuving him and giving him verbals Morsy reacted and was lucky not to get booked then.
I bet the bugger goes on holiday now.

corect.

sed the same meself erlier. bet hes got a family birthdey or sommart coming up and needed the time off. next step is to pull a muscle to get himself out of traning and job done.

cinical but mite be a bit of truth in it somewere

That's some imagination you have there Brick/TL4E. Morsy is a professional footballer regardless of suspensions he will be expected to train, if he pulls a muscle he will be in the treatment room. On holiday, nah.

TRUE BELIEVER - 14/2/2018 12:20

That's some imagination you have there Brick/TL4E. Morsy is a professional footballer regardless of suspensions he will be expected to train, if he pulls a muscle he will be in the treatment room. On holiday, nah.

some imagenation.

ive lernt from some of the best tb ;-)

TRUE BELIEVER - 14/2/2018 12:25

You certainly have mate. Could however be the fumes in the cab affecting your judgement. :-}

not on. job caled off todey. hapening more and more.

oh. do you meen the wacky backy ;-)

Good points TB and I also have a worry about Byrne.....all season he has bombed forward with excellent effect but the problem lies with his defending. Last night he was out of position , sleepwalking or just skinned and that will present itself every game next season " if " we get promotion. Both full backs looked like 2 of Doddys Diddy Men up against their big lads. The attempts at winning arial challenges were frankly laughable.

Next season we will need almost an entirely new team to survive as even the back 2 centres were totally muscled out the game.

Apart from that everything's rosy as f**k.

Can see both sides of the rest Morsy or not argument, though it could have equally applied to all starting eleven. Along with everyone else he was shockingly poor last night so no point sugar coating it. However he's been one of our best and integral players this campaign. The league gave he misses is at home against the leagues bottom club so we 'should' be able to cope with his absence. If he wants to go away on holiday to refresh then I've no issue with that and he's got enough credit in the bank with Cook and his displays this season to be allowed to do so.

Martinez1986 - 14/2/2018 11:32

There was mass hysteria on here and social media at the very thought of getting rid of young Nick

Some said our imminent and unstoppable surg for promotion depended on him some even applauded the turning down of vast amounts of money for him how times change in the space of fourteen days hero to villain or the life of a fickle football fan

Not from me there wasn't...if you can locate the thread I said snatch their bloody hand off at £ 10m.

Hard to say on the Morsy being dropped argument as PC wud have been dammed either way. Dan was totally bullied out of the game which is unusual & as for our usual pressing game - it seemed to be replaced by lumping it up field with no joy. I do think the City match played a part in the players attitude & outlook to the game last night. Blackpool were a cynical lot with lots of game playing & shirt pulling ably assisted by a p@ss poor ref. Was optimistic about the upcoming game against City but after last nights abysmal performance I fear the worst. Not to mention a backlog of games to catch up on the leading 2.

hindleymonwafc - 14/2/2018 12:36

Good points TB and I also have a worry about Byrne.....all season he has bombed forward with excellent effect but the problem lies with his defending. Last night he was out of position , sleepwalking or just skinned and that will present itself every game next season " if " we get promotion. Both full backs looked like 2 of Doddys Diddy Men up against their big lads. The attempts at winning arial challenges were frankly laughable.

Next season we will need almost an entirely new team to survive as even the back 2 centres were totally muscled out the game.

Apart from that everything's rosy as f**k.

Perhaps it would have been better to play Daniels at right back for this game. Byrne is a good wing back but his defending is poor, but improving.

You maybe right TB though the same argument could easily have been made for the other ten. As Henski said there was no motm that could be selected everyone was that poor and I can only attribute it to subconsciously not wanting to get injured for the City game or at least their focus being on it.

I agree MiW I am sure if it were possible Cook would now make the changes. Interestingly enough I took advantage of the Champagne Lounge offer last night ( damn good value I thought). Colclough and the rest of the squad were in the TV commentary box alongside us, I must admit he looked very down in the mouth and stood for quite a while on his own. Cant help but feel sorry for the lad as it appears that Massey is flavour of the month and no matter how poor his performances are there is not much chance of Ryan getting a run of games.