The Pompey A to Z... | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Pompey A to Z...

Ekner ... Dan

<i><b>Centre Forward Dan Ekner not only holds the distinction of being Pompey's first continental player but also the first Swede to play for a professional club outside of his homeland.</i></B>

Taken from a biography I wrote about five years ago .. and had forgotten about :10:

Ok we done the letters A to F to death .. time to try our hands at G

Remember in this series we run through the alphabet and think about all things Pompey beginning with the letter in question.

Your contributions can be absolutely anything to do with Pompey as long as it corresponds to the relevant letter.

If players are mentioned the <b>surname</b> rather than the first name has to correspond with the letter

No other rules other than <b>one suggestion per post</b> in order to keep the thread fresh

This weeks’ letter is<b> ‘G’</b>

Thinking caps on and post away

Glory!

Not always something we have been covered with, but that is often thanks to others... But we have enjoyed our fair share of this over the years.

Always though it odd how Redknapps man at the BBC (Bibs Balls and Cones) became such a legend .. but he really took the city to heart didn't .. a great shout Barney

The Toast team of G - prepared some time ago.

1 GOSNEY Andy
2 GUNTER Phil
3 GRIFFIN Andy
4 GORDON Johnny
5 GARNER Alan
6 GILBERT Billy
7 GREGORY David
8 GRAHAM George
9 GARWOOD Colin
10 GEKAS Theofanis
11 GAILLARD Marcel

not too bad?

eastneydave - 27/11/2013 16:20

And as soon as we mention Billy Gilbert he is inducted into the Hall of Fame!!

The power of VP!! :30:

One of my Fav's from that period .. Great player and glad he's on the list