The Politics Thread | Page 175 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I know that won't be the margin as Exit polls are never right, and I knew Boris would win but given it has to be by quite a majority here now - I'm sat here gutted that the country is that stupid.

Feel so sad this country has come to this. How stupid are the people in the shadow cabinet? Why couldn't they see what they were doing?

I didn't expect a landslide like this though, don't think anyone did.

It is still an exit poll, but no way will that reverse enough that they won't have a clear majority.

Johnson will show his true colours now.
Be interesting to learn what they are when he's not chasing the job like a fuckwomble.

giphy.webp

It’s purely down to Brexit.

Leave vote have given it to Boris. Labour haven’t got a position on Brexit and Corbyn has completely lost this election on the back of it.

If all else fails, open a bottle of beer. Gutting this. They have been a vile party, they have driven people to the streets (homeless) they have caused people to suffer massive hardships thanks to austerity, the hospitals are fucked, but hey, good news the rich are ok.

It's funny really, should be good news for me, business and tax wise, but still isn't my metric in life.

Only good thing is we will finally be shot of that dangerous, horrible character Corbyn, nice to see his past has caught up with him, sadly it costs us, he can go back to his comfortable middle class life, the fake.

Shadow chancellor John McDonnell gives us the first reaction from a Labour figure. He says if the result is anywhere near the exit poll it "will be extremely disappointing for the party overall and the movement".
He admits it has "come as a shock" and he "thought it would be closer".
Mr McDonnell says: "We knew it would be tough because Brexit has dominated."
But he adds he hoped "other issues would cut through".
He is pressed on whether he and Jeremy Corbyn will resign, but he says: "We will see the results in the morning and decisions will be made then."
----

It's not a fucking movement you geriatric it's about the country so please fuck off before the morning.

It is strange how Jo Johnson can talk normally and brush his hair (on itv now) and yet our 'leader' can't.

I do like Alan Johnson (also on ITV) he'd have made a great Labour leader.

Alan Johnson said they knew he was worse than useless / incapable of leading. Well said AJ.

Proper Labour knew, most left the shadow cabinet or were kicked out.

Just baffling how it came to this, it was so fucking clear.

Alan Johnson said they knew he was worse than useless / incapable of leading. Well said AJ.

Proper Labour knew, most left the shadow cabinet or were kicked out.

Just baffling how it came to this, it was so fucking clear.
It came to this when the party started electing their leader democratically.

John Smith - now there's a leader Labour are missing! I do wonder about the Labour supporters who couldn't get behind Mr Miliband (the bacon sandwich brother) - yet pine for David, who I think was worse.

No matter what they say, his position is untenable or the majority will split into a new Labour (or New Labour)
Sorry I was too vague.

The likes of Margaret Hodge etc making it about Corbyn. We need the more unbiased Labour MP's to put the pressure on - Jess Phillips, Kier Starmer etc - those without a foot already in the Corbyn rear.