The Politics Thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

I listened to it, he did well to be fair JPA. He knew the press were looking for a quote they could blow - only had to listen to the questions from the Daily Fail and Quentin Fucking Letts to work that out and that's all he gave them.

I was quite impressed to be fair.

lewis1980 - 15/3/2018 18:51

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 23/2/2018 12:26

Villan Of The North - 23/2/2018 09:32

My issue is, I really don't know. I think it's OK to say that in debates, otherwise things become polarised just for the sake of winning the argument.

This is why I advocate letting women choose.

We are two men arguing about something that has less impact on us. The right to choose should be given to those that are affected.

50% of the aborted foetuses will be male.

Not at that point.

mike_field - 15/3/2018 23:29

lewis1980 - 15/3/2018 18:51

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 23/2/2018 12:26

Villan Of The North - 23/2/2018 09:

This is why I advocate letting women choose.

We are two men arguing about something that has less impact on us. The right to choose should be given to those that are affected.

50% of the aborted foetuses will be male.

Not at that point.
The sex of a baby is determined at conception when the x or y chromosomes fuse.

Even if sex wasn't determined, my off the cuff point would remain.

It's not only a women's issue. It is an issue for both genders - because we could be aborting both sexes - and for society because of its importance. Everyone has a say in the debate.

I'm a traditional liberal at heart so have sympathy for the individual's right to choose. However, what I don't like is the idea that I can't have a valid opinion or contribute to a debate or policy because of my race, gender, age or social class.

It doesn't matter what sex the foetus is, because it isn't a person until it can function without the mother. You're also aborting both at the same rate, so I don't see the distinction.

You can have a say, but not exclusively. Women have had no power over their own bodies for centuries now, with first the Church and then Parliament deciding for them. Isn't it time to listen to their voices?

As a woman I think I will throw my two penth into the abortion debate, for what it is worth. I used to vehemntly anti abortion. As I have gotten older, my attitude has softened.

I still don't agree with it, however I do understand that there are times when good reasons come first. I don't know what I would have done in certain situations. However I do know (though not at the time) my youngest was a crisis pregnancy. I refused to abort. I was told not to have anymore after my 3rd.

I think the main thing I have learnt is it is the business of the woman who has gotten pregnant. She who has to live with the decision she makes and I have no right to judge. Whilst I never have had an abortion I am far from perfect. None of us are and it isn't my place or business to judge.

Having said that I did train through the christian church in crisis pregnancy as an advisor (not there to judge or persuade) but helping a person talk through there options and coming to decisions they make themselves.

This service included pre abortion, post abortion, crisis pregnancy and more. Whilst I passed my training I decided not to follow it through at that time. I was led further on through my experiences to counselling women who had had a child adopted and been involved in the children social services as that is something I had experienced.

sirdennis - 18/3/2018 16:45

Shocked JPA.

I wonder if he will beat Mugabes record of getting more votes than was actually possible lol.

Possibly.... :19:

I wonder if the Russians will blame Trump for interfering in their election? :3:

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 17/3/2018 13:29

Isn't it time to listen to their voices?

Good God man, what is wrong with you?

First we let them vote, then we let them drive. Now you think we should listen to them?

Oh me oh my, where will all this end?!

Seeing as I am single, and don't intend to change that, I thought it would be funny for all the men with wives and girlfriends.

:19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

sirdennis - 18/3/2018 16:45

Shocked JPA.

I wonder if he will beat Mugabes record of getting more votes than was actually possible lol.

Putin only managed 77% of the vote - shocking! :2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43455950

Mississippi's governor has just signed into law the tightest abortion restrictions in the US.

The bill bans most abortions after 15 weeks, with no exceptions for rape or incest.

The only exemptions are in cases where there is a foetal abnormality that is "incompatible with life", or the mother's life is in danger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43465234

Parliament spends £50,000 on a new logo – but it looks almost exactly the same

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/parliament-spends-50000-on-almost-identical-new-logo-design/

#austerity