The Politics Thread | Page 209 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

It sounds like Keir Starmer did another number on Alexander yesterday. This is from the Telegraph - not the Guardian.

t’s always the toughest stage of The Apprentice: the interviews round. A slick-haired young telemarketer in a shiny suit will swagger in, and start bragging about the foolproof business idea he’s had – only for the interviewer to take him apart like a Duplo train set.
In no time, the candidate has dissolved into a puddle of babbling neurosis, unable to give a convincing answer to any question, up to and including the spelling of his own name.

More at -
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ook-boris-johnson-apart-like-duplo-train-set/

It's no wonder the Tory party has now resorted to dirty tactics trying to smear Kier Starmer after he dared to question this incompetent government and the way he is clinically exposing the lies and spin Johnson & Co are saying and releasing to the British public.

With 3 Tory MP's stupidly attempting to smear Starmer on twitter then I wonder who at No 10 instructed them to start the smear campaign?

Even the Torygraph is slating Johnson:grinning:

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set
At PMQs, the new Labour leader asked a series of calmly factual questions – and the Prime Minister visibly struggled

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ook-boris-johnson-apart-like-duplo-train-set/

Labour urges Tory MPs to admit Keir Starmer video was doctored
At least three Tory MPs shared misleading video tweeted by far-right Twitter account

"Labour has expressed alarm after a series of Conservative MPs, including a health minister, shared a video tweeted by a far-right Twitter account which falsely claimed Sir Keir Starmer obstructed the targeting of grooming gang victims when he led the Crown Prosecution Service."

"The tweeted video was shared by Nadine Dorries, who is now a health minister, as well as Telford MP Lucy Allan and Maria Caulfield, who represents Lewes. All commented at what the video purported to show, with Dorries calling it “revealing”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-mps-to-admit-keir-starmer-video-was-doctored

Last edited:
It's no wonder the nasty party has now resorted to dirty tactics trying to smear Kier Starmer after he dared to question this incompetent government and he is clinically exposing the lies and spin Johnson & Co peddle out.

With 3 Tory MP's at it on twitter then I wonder who at No 10 instructed them to start the smear campaign?

Even the Torygraph is slating Johnson:grinning:

Keir Starmer took Boris Johnson apart like a Duplo train set
At PMQs, the new Labour leader asked a series of calmly factual questions – and the Prime Minister visibly struggled

Labour urges Tory MPs to admit Keir Starmer video was doctored
At least three Tory MPs shared misleading video tweeted by far-right Twitter account

"Labour has expressed alarm after a series of Conservative MPs, including a health minister, shared a video tweeted by a far-right Twitter account which falsely claimed Sir Keir Starmer obstructed the targeting of grooming gang victims when he led the Crown Prosecution Service."

"The tweeted video was shared by Nadine Dorries, who is now a health minister, as well as Telford MP Lucy Allan and Maria Caulfield, who represents Lewes. All commented at what the video purported to show, with Dorries calling it “revealing”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-mps-to-admit-keir-starmer-video-was-doctored
This is only hear say, I have no evidence but will look for some now, wasnt Starmer part of the Jimmy saville investigation that closed the case due to lack of evidence?

This is only hear say, I have no evidence but will look for some now, wasnt Starmer part of the Jimmy saville investigation that closed the case due to lack of evidence?

As the head of the CPS, he would have had no alternative if there was insufficient evidence to prosecute. Neither is it the fault of the CPS if the police botched the investigation or were unable to persuade people to testify.

Dylan Brown
@DylanBrownie1

"Nadine Dorries and Lucy Allan have deleted their tweets. Maria Caulfield deleted her whole account NJamesWorld who originally posted the doctored video has also deleted their whole account. I think this has been a successful day for left-wing Twitter."

I'd say myself more of a good day for Twitter, in general, but it shows the stupidity of these fools to make an attempt to smear a QC with libellous propaganda and hope to get away with it.

Most likely organised by Cummings or some other misguided fool at No 10 and shows just how rattled they are. They've had it too good and far too easy for such a long time that they think that they can continue to do want they want without any come back.

Last edited:

Dylan Brown
@DylanBrownie1

"Nadine Dorries and Lucy Allan have deleted their tweets. Maria Caulfield deleted her whole account NJamesWorld who originally posted the doctored video has also deleted their whole account. I think this has been a successful day for left-wing Twitter."

I'd say myself more of a good day for Twitter, in general, but it shows the stupidity of these fools to make an attempt to smear a QC with libellous propaganda and hope to get away with it.

Most likely organised by Cummings or some other misguided fool at No 10 and shows just how rattled they are. They've had it too good and far too easy for such a long time that they think that they can continue to do want they want without any come back.

These people are so stupid. Who in their right mind would post potentially libellous comments about a very competent and distinguished QC.