The Politics Thread | Page 124 | Vital Football

The Politics Thread

Have to say the relative answers on Darrach? (sp) please forgive me, again at least Hunt took a stand with a decision instead of waffling.

Comes to something when The Last Leg's Dick of the Year for his running of the NHS is actually the better outcome here.

What a state.

1922 Committee mate.
Ah yes, that's the one.

Have I mentioned I'm tired - 1982 PMSL. At least I didn't say 1066 or 1966!

The few decent sounding ones coming through the old white whiskey brigade are going to ruin as they lurch to the presumed popularist.

As I am not sure whether this should be here or in Brexshit I thought I would plump here giving great opportune (cos I am kind like that) for JF to tell me off. It's been a while! Ha

So what are peoples opinions on Jerrmy Corbyn and labour announcement on there new position on Brexit and another vote?

As I am not sure whether this should be here or in Brexshit I thought I would plump here giving great opportune (cos I am kind like that) for JF to tell me off. It's been a while! Ha

So what are peoples opinions on Jerrmy Corbyn and labour announcement on there new position on Brexit and another vote?

They are too late. The 2nd referendum thing was last year's issue. If Britain crashes out on Oct 31st, Corbyn will announce that he is supporting remain around March.

Tommy Robinson has begged Donald Trump to give him political asylum after he was convicted of a crime which he very publicly committed.

You couldn't make it up.

I've always had sympathy for people claiming political asylum but I have a little less of it now. Perhaps it's a Baldrick-style plot to make us all hate asylum seekers?

Tommy Robinson has begged Donald Trump to give him political asylum after he was convicted of a crime which he very publicly committed.

You couldn't make it up.

I've always had sympathy for people claiming political asylum but I have a little less of it now. Perhaps it's a Baldrick-style plot to make us all hate asylum seekers?

The ex got into The U.S with a Visa (I am pleased to say as it means he is 1000s of miles away) and he has a criminal record. Mind you I know there was some tactics going on in the background to get him in.

He quickly got married for the third time in The U.S so he stays. He did the same when he went to Canada with his deceased 2nd wife. He was kicked out of Canada after she died.

Long story. He never got citizenship in Canada and he is not allowed back there. He was there on the basis of his 2nd wife. He wont get a full citizenship in The U.S either I doubt

There is no way he should have got in. Especially with the convictions he has and was caught on.

This included domestic abuse and drink driving all be it going back to pre 2000 time, those convictions are still there though spent. Also being deported from Canada too.

Though T.R is too well known to sneak into the country. If he was a use to Trump I would expect him to find a way. It's not what you know but whom you know

Last edited:
If Labour sort themselves out and have a leadership revolution, they’ll do well in an election. It’s not far off the Tories taking us out and the pro-EU labour government getibackin.

Labour may look miles off, but it’ll only take a half capable leader moving to the centre to change the tide.

Kier Starmer in a heartbeat. I don't agree with him on much in reality (although I don't know much about his true policy beliefs) but at least he can tell a consistent story on what he believes in.

Hilary Benn would be good for them at this time. I think he has the respect not only in his own party but also in the House of Commons. (I also have a tenner on him to be next leader 18/1). The problem is that Corbyn has got a stranglehold on Labour. He has the backing of the members, the Unions and more importantly the NEC. Unless he can be persuaded to step down there is nothing they can do to get rid of him.

It was his brother's idea to open up the membership to anyone with a spare couple of quid that caused the problem. All sorts of communists, marxists and assorted 19th century philosophy students piled in and skewed the base of the party. The Tories are having the same problem with refugees from UKIP.